"Signals" in Options under Tools, disappeared!

After signing up for a signal, we usually go to "Tools" in a MT5 or MT4 trading platform, click "Options", and click on "Signals" to adjust our setting and stop loss level. But that "Signal" under "Options" disappeared! Any updates on this?

Zhang Yi Xing:
After signing up for a signal, we usually go to "Tools" in a MT5 or MT4 trading platform, click "Options", and click on "Signals" to adjust our setting and stop loss level. But that "Signal" under "Options" disappeared! Any updates on this?

Please search 🔍 before you post. Signals on demo or cent accounts (or private signals) are no longer allowed ...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

The Signals service is in decline

Renat Fatkhullin , 2024.01.17 12:07

Along with the release of MetaTrader 5 this Friday, there will be the following changes:

1. Support for signals on any non-real accounts (demo, contest, cents, etc.) for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 is completely removed
  2. The ability to register demo or private signals on the site is removed
  3. The ability to create free signals is removed
  4. MQL5 functions SignalsXXXX are abolished; they return empty data and the code ERR_MQLAPI_FUNCTION_NOT_ALLOWED
  5. Signals can only be created by users who have received seller status

With these steps we will clear the service of garbage, free up a lot of resources and create a clean storefront.

The next step will be to reform the terms of the account with a signal subscription :

1. Any copiers are prohibited - they are the ones who stole our signals service
  2. Connections with read only passwords are prohibited - this is how they are stolen from other people’s copy trading services
  3. All MQL5 functions will produce empty open positions/orders/trade history - copiers will be useless
  4. Inability to bypass these conditions by connecting from other copies of terminals

This will improve the quality of the service.

It was officially announced here:

4. Terminal: Disabled support for the Signals service for demo accounts. To access enhanced statistics on your training accounts, use the new trading report . It features a plethora of metrics characterizing your strategy profitability and risks, including growth, balance and equity graphs, diagrams of trade distribution by direction and instruments, and much more.

12. MQL5: Disabled and deprecated Signal* functions. They will now return empty signal sets.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Please search 🔍 before you post. Signals on demo or cent accounts (or private signals) are no longer allowed ...

It was officially announced here:

4. Terminal: Disabled support for the Signals service for demo accounts. To access enhanced statistics on your training accounts, use the new trading report . It features a plethora of metrics characterizing your strategy profitability and risks, including growth, balance and equity graphs, diagrams of trade distribution by direction and instruments, and much more.

12. MQL5: Disabled and deprecated Signal* functions. They will now return empty signal sets.

To MQL5- you've probably cancelled the signal service on demo accounts for whatever financial reason, and are trying to make more money.

Just to let you know, I pay for 6 subscriptions at $30 pcm minimum, and planned to add more, I'm one of the people that uses demo accounts, for 2 reasons-

the 1st reason is that it helps me gain confidence in the signal, especially when I first started trading with my hard earned cash,

and the 2nd more complicated reason is that I live in the UK, where UK brokers limit leverage to 1:30, so us Brits have to find brokers abroad that will accept us as clients, I use Blackbull markets for my live accounts, 2 of my signal providers use IC markets, IC Markets will not accept UK citizens as clients, i tried to copy the 2 signals mentioned, to my Blackbull accounts but because of different symbols it don't work, to get around this issue I opened IC Markets demo accounts to copy the signals then copied them to my Blackbull accounts.

I'm not stealing anything, I'm not trying to resell anything. 

I'm going to have to cancel the 2 profitable IC Markets signals, so these 2 guys will lose out as well. [names redacted by moderator]

You have basically shafted UK traders, and anybody else who trades like I do.

The other issue that you have, is that you only allow one signal per platform, which is very limiting to a strategy, copytrading apps are perfect for making stress free strategy using multiple signals. Im sure your signal providers use copy trading EA's to utilise multiple bots on different accounts.

Please rethink what you are doing.

Joe Markey #:
The other issue that you have, is that you only allow one signal per platform

One signal subscription per trading account, not per platform.
Because one platform may have many trading accounts in case they/accounts are using MQL5 VPS for example.

------------------------

There is one option: the subscriber can move the subscription from one trading account to an other one (within MT4 platform or within MT5 platform).
I do not know how it works to be moved from demo to real account now, but the subscribers are using this option.

------------------------

Joe Markey #:
Im sure your signal providers use copy trading EA's to utilise multiple bots on different accounts.
According to this explanation (post ) -  any copiers are prohibited or will be prohibited in the near future.
So, the trade copiers will not work soon (or they do not work now).

------------------------

It is how I understand the situation.

Where Do I start from?
Where Do I start from?
  • www.mql5.com
Hi fam! Am a total newbie in the forex niche... Just signed up here on this platform... Please where do i start from? I need help...

Sergey Golubev #:

One signal subscription per trading account, not per platform.
Because one platform may have many trading accounts in case they/accounts are using MQL5 VPS for example.

------------------------

There is one option: the subscriber can move the subscription from one trading account to an other one (within MT4 platform or within MT5 platform).
I do not know how it works to be moved from demo to real account now, but the subscribers are using this option.

------------------------

According to this explanation (post ) -  any copiers are prohibited or will be prohibited in the near future.
So, the trade copiers will not work soon (or they do not work now).

------------------------

It is how I understand the situation.

Sergy from what i understand from the explanation ONLY accts subscribed to a signal is not allowed to have any EA even those that we buy running coz due to synch issues, and included copier to avoid and close loop of users using copier to resell signals. I do agree with Joe Markey that I also used demo to subscribe previously in order to have even more control over the risk, eg, i can also filter some symbols that i dont want to copy from provider or map some symbols that mql cant (especially indicies or even if brokerage has xauusd but its indicated as cfd for under margin calculation as these brokerages limit the leverage for this symbol).

I do understand mql point of view and have reported a few copy cats to Eleni to stop these members.

For the question of providers using various EAs on mt then use copier to copy trades to their live signal acct, they are not using subscription. Only SUBSCRIBED live acct has no ability to use any EA. This also close the loop for any app that is a copier but dont need an EA to be placed onto mt4/mt5 (eg a web/cloud base copier)

Joe Markey #:

To MQL5- you've probably cancelled the signal service on demo accounts for whatever financial reason, and are trying to make more money.

Just to let you know, I pay for 6 subscriptions at $30 pcm minimum, and planned to add more, I'm one of the people that uses demo accounts, for 2 reasons-

the 1st reason is that it helps me gain confidence in the signal, especially when I first started trading with my hard earned cash,

and the 2nd more complicated reason is that I live in the UK, where UK brokers limit leverage to 1:30, so us Brits have to find brokers abroad that will accept us as clients, I use Blackbull markets for my live accounts, 2 of my signal providers use IC markets, IC Markets will not accept UK citizens as clients, i tried to copy the 2 signals mentioned, to my Blackbull accounts but because of different symbols it don't work, to get around this issue I opened IC Markets demo accounts to copy the signals then copied them to my Blackbull accounts.

I'm not stealing anything, I'm not trying to resell anything. 

I'm going to have to cancel the 2 profitable IC Markets signals, so these 2 guys will lose out as well. [names redacted by moderator]

You have basically shafted UK traders, and anybody else who trades like I do.

The other issue that you have, is that you only allow one signal per platform, which is very limiting to a strategy, copytrading apps are perfect for making stress free strategy using multiple signals. Im sure your signal providers use copy trading EA's to utilise multiple bots on different accounts.

Please rethink what you are doing.

I 100% agree with this. I guarantee this is going to backfire on MQL5 in the long run. I myself always use demo accounts to first test a signal live and to ensure it fits my style and risk management. Statistics cannot replace live trading in my opinion and I refuse to risk my own money on a signal until I confirm the trading live on a demo account. [Redacted — 3rd party recommendations are not allowed on the forum]

Justin Davis #: I 100% agree with this. I guarantee this is going to backfire on MQL5 in the long run. I myself always use demo accounts to first test a signal live and to ensure it fits my style and risk management. Statistics cannot replace live trading in my opinion and I refuse to risk my own money on a signal until I confirm the trading live on a demo account.

Thanks for the backup Justin. [Redacted — 3rd party discussions are not allowed on the forum]

⚠️ Please be advised that discussions, recommendations or suggestions for 3rd party products and services is not allowed on the forum.