import platform from laptop to desktop

I am not sure if this is the correct section of forum, so please move it to correct section if it needs to be moved.

Issue: I was trading LIVE on my laptop, but now I want to move move the trading stuff to the desktop.

I tried copying and pasting every folder from the terminal data folder to the desktop, but nothing has worked as it did on the laptop. oh, just annoyances, such as templates not 100% the same, ea and indicator settings not the same. Even Platform settings not the same as on the laptop. Maybe this is because that the laptop had previous version of mt5 from when I was trading back in November, but I very much want to try again. All suggestions will be tried, so long as it does not suggest making chages to the original laptop platform, i am gaim to try anything if it might have result of having 100% same between the lappy and desktop.

I have searched this site for over 1 hour, with nothing new found that I had not already attempted and got a different result than what i expected to get, and/or what was reported on the sites' thread.

Any suggestions to on how to move my stuff between the platforms or instructions on how to copy the original laptop platform into a portable version of mt5, will be appreciated -- VERY MUCHLY.

Thanks in advance.