Changing Settings

Hi Everyone, quick question, is it possible to permanently change the settings of visualize section. When i backtest my EA and the  visualize section appears, there is always a grid and candlesticks are always in the form of a bar chart. Is there anyway to permanently change this to the settings i like?

Your topic has been moved to the section: Expert Advisors and Automated Trading
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Clear Template as Default

Fernando Carreiro, 2023.10.05 13:10

Yes! Setup the chart as you want and then save it as a template with the name "tester.tpl".

Please refer to the documentation for more information ... Templates and Profiles - Additional Features - Price Charts, Technical and Fundamental Analysis - MetaTrader 5 Help

Templates are saved as TPL-files in folder \MQL5\Profiles\Templates. The platform provides several predefined names of templates:

• default.tpl — the basic template that us automatically applied when you create a new chart;
  • tester.tpl — the template of the chart on which testing results are displayed;
  • debug.tpl — the template of the chart created when you start MQL5 application debugging from MetaEditor.

Fernando Carreiro #:
cheers