Discussing the article: "Brute force approach to patterns search (Part VI): Cyclic optimization"

Check out the new article: Brute force approach to patterns search (Part VI): Cyclic optimization.

In this article I will show the first part of the improvements that allowed me not only to close the entire automation chain for MetaTrader 4 and 5 trading, but also to do something much more interesting. From now on, this solution allows me to fully automate both creating EAs and optimization, as well as to minimize labor costs for finding effective trading configurations.

The most important element in the whole idea is the interaction system between the terminal and my program. In fact, it is a cyclic optimizer with advanced optimization criteria. The most important ones were covered in the previous section. In order for the entire system to function, we first need a source of quotes, which is one of the MetaTrader 5 terminals. As I already showed in the previous article, quotes are written to a file in a format that is convenient for me. This is done using an EA, which functions rather strangely at first glance:

concept of writing quotes by an EA

I found it quite an interesting and beneficial experience to use my unique scheme for the EA functioning. Here is only a demonstration of the problems that I needed to solve, but all this can also be used for trading EAs:

example of using an EA to write quotes

Author: Evgeniy Ilin