hi, im new and i dont know anything, initial help please.

hi community,

im josete and ive been a sharepoint and office 365 dev/admin al my life and i told my boss honestly i was so boring (we are also friends to say that) and i wanted to work with him directly. So he said OK, i need an app to do what MT4 app does to put more functionalities on top, my ideas and strategies and lets create money trading.....i said WOW, i love it.

Ive been researching last month and a half how to build the app, with flutterflow or visual studio & .net MAUI the best way possible. He wants the app for his iPhone.

But now ive discovered this MQL4/5, a new language specifically oriented for my porpoise, to make his personal risk assessment with all the classes ready to trade, indicators, strategies, amazing.....my questions are:

1.- can i write MQL4/5 code and add custom functionalities on top of MT4 iPhone app? if yes, please deep in details. If not...

2.- how can i get all this functionality together in an iPhone app, i mean, can i write MQL4/5 code and create my own API?, export a DLL for my c# mobile app?

3.- i googled and found companies that offer a DLL for 1200$ or with source code for 2.400$. Id like to know your opinion about the pros and cons of buying or develop for myself everything. ALso if there is a middle option to do both buy and coding. My main concern is if the DLL to buy can interact with all the MT4/5 functions and operations with all access to MQL4/5 classes or on the other hand MQL4/5 offer more capabilities than any other DLL. We want to create with the maximun full power and range of actions.

4.- If MQL4/5 is the best option for you guys, i mean, learning this new language and all the framework,

-my main concern is about which version to use, MQL4 or 5?

-my boss is trading with MT4, should he change to MT5,

-can i still start to learn from MQL4 to MQL5?

-besides reading the doc, where to start to code?

Hope im following forum rules.

many thanks guys.

The MT4 and MT5 back-end API is propriety and is not open source and the two are not compatible with each other.

The front-end, however, requires that you use the MQL language on the desktop MetaTrader terminal application. MQL program are not supported on mobile devices.

Any 3rd party solutions should be discussed elsewhere as such discussions are not allowed on this forum.

I suggest you first thoroughly familiarise yourself with the platform, before considering your options. Your current overview is currently lacking and causing you to "dream" of solutions that are not practical nor plausible.

You previously posted on this subject and already received an answer ...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Using API Metatrader4

Fernando Carreiro, 2023.11.13 12:24

There is no MT4 API for normal users of the MetaTrader terminal application. Only the normal MQL4 programs that run within MetaTrader 4 terminal.

The server API is only available to brokers and other companies who licensed the back-office software from MetaQuotes, but those licenses are no longer available.

MT4 is no longer being actively developed for several years.

Hi Fernando,

first of all my apologies but i thought a notification would have sent to me if any response but not.

yes, im a completly ignorant here.

ok, after reading both of your messages i will write you in private if you dont mind.

Many thanks.