Discussing the article: "Developing a Replay System — Market simulation (Part 20): FOREX (I)"

Check out the new article: Developing a Replay System — Market simulation (Part 20): FOREX (I).

The initial goal of this article is not to cover all the possibilities of Forex trading, but rather to adapt the system so that you can perform at least one market replay. We'll leave simulation for another moment. However, if we don't have ticks and only bars, with a little effort we can simulate possible trades that could happen in the Forex market. This will be the case until we look at how to adapt the simulator. An attempt to work with Forex data inside the system without modifying it leads to a range of errors.

In the previous article "Developing a Replay System — Market simulation (Part 19): Necessary adjustments", we implemented certain things the presence of which was more urgent. However, while the focus of this series has been on the stock market since the beginning, I would also like to try to cover the Forex market. The reason for my initial lack of interest in Forex is due to the fact that trades constantly occur in this market, so there is no point in having replay/simulation for testing or training.

You can simply use a demo account for this. However, there are issues unique to this market that are not replicated in the stock market. For this reason, it becomes interesting to show how to make the necessary corrections to the system to adapt the system to other types of markets, e.g. crypto assets.

Thus, it will become clear how versatile and suitable the MetaTrader 5 platform can be for many more applications than its creators originally proposed. Only your imagination and knowledge of a specific market will be the limitations to your capabilities.

Author: Daniel Jose

Reason: