Discussing the article: "Developing a Replay System — Market simulation (Part 19): Necessary adjustments"

Check out the new article: Developing a Replay System — Market simulation (Part 19): Necessary adjustments.

Here we will prepare the ground so that if we need to add new functions to the code, this will happen smoothly and easily. The current code cannot yet cover or handle some of the things that will be necessary to make meaningful progress. We need everything to be structured in order to enable the implementation of certain things with the minimal effort. If we do everything correctly, we can get a truly universal system that can very easily adapt to any situation that needs to be handled.

I think it is clear from the previous articles within this series that we need to implement some additional points. This is absolutely necessary to better organize the work, especially with some future improvements. If you plan to use the replay/simulation system only to work with one asset, then you won't need many of the things we are going to implement now. You can leave them aside – I mean they do not necessarily have to be present in the configuration file.

However, it is very likely that you will use not only one asset, but several different ones or even a fairly large database. In this case, we need to organize things, and therefore will need to implement additional code to achieve this goal, although in some very specific cases we could simply use what we already have available in the source code, but in an implicit way. This just needs to be brought out into the light.

I always like to keep things very well organized, and I guess many people think and try to do the same. It will be good to know and understand how to implement this functionality. In addition, you will learn how to add new parameters to the system if you need a specific parameter for a specific asset that you want to use for study or analysis.

Author: Daniel Jose