Discussing the article: "Modified Grid-Hedge EA in MQL5 (Part I): Making a Simple Hedge EA" - page 2

Vitaly Muzichenko #:

Hedging - opening an opposite position on another market, but not on the same symbol. If a euro/dollar position is opened, it can be hedged with gold, for example.

And this is partial locking (lock), a strategy that leads to 100% killing of the account in the long term

I don't believe it will be 100% killing of the account and I will prove you wrong soon 

Roman Shiredchenko #:
What matters is that you are misleading the public with wrong interpretations.
First understand the topic yourself - then broadcast it to the public with articles. Imho.

What you propose is a usual reversal trading system based on capital management martingale. There is no hedge here and cannot be - it is a trend trading system. It shows good results with trends - the sizes of which are higher than the overturn channel.
Such trading systems have already been repeatedly discussed on the forum - for example, the Avalanche thread https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/124482. Why and avalanche - because the volume of the position increases avalanche-like - accordingly, the profit is possible and can be - but the drain too.
There is no hedge in this approach. And you yourself do not understand the subject - you give wrong information to the public and mislead novice speculators.
I understand the essence. I myself have martingale-based overturn robots in the codebase here and in the market, so I understand the topic very well.

Ok, I understand your perspective. While "avalanche" might be a more precise term, "hedging" is still a widely accepted representation for this strategy among the general public. Terms like "Hedge System" or "Grid System" are commonly understood, so the distinction might not be as critical as it seems.

Kailash Bai Mina #:

Okay, I see your point. While "avalanche" may be a more accurate term, "hedging" is still a common designation for this strategy among the general public.

Terms like "hedging system" or "grid system" are common, so the distinction may not be as critical as it seems.

There is no hedge in a rollover trading system - you are off base.

You are wrong - there is no such thing: hedging, is still the accepted designation for this strategy among the general public. It's a flip trading system - where is the hedging in that?

Clarify..... not clear.... if not - then you are misinterpreting the concepts of hedge.... there is no such thing in public - you are wrong.

Give an example then - instead of general words here....

Otherwise you just are not in the topic and do not understand what you write about..... understand the topic first....

Example please: where flipping is a hedging system in public______________________________________

Roman Shiredchenko #:

there is no hedge in a flip trading system - you're out of touch.

You are wrong - there is no such thing: hedging is still the common designation for this strategy among the general public. It's a flip trade - where's the hedging in that?

Clarify..... not clear.... if not - then you are misinterpreting the concepts of hedge.... there is no such thing in public - you are wrong.

Give an example then - instead of general words here....

Otherwise you just are not in the topic and do not understand what you write about..... understand the topic first....

Example please: where flipping is a hedging system in public______________________________________

I'll second that before it goes really, really far.

Hedging is not about counter orders at all. It's about related markets and derivatives. A EURUSD transaction can be hedged with transactions in EUR bonds, treasuries, their futures and options on them. All at once or individually. But not by EURUSD counter trade. A counter trade is a lock, it is a voluntary gift to a dealer/broker. Only if you are his relative and it is his birthday

To check the strategy/principle for "whether it is not dumb or wishful thinking", you need to see how everything looks like in netting accounting and in multi-currency basket.

Maxim Kuznetsov #:

I'll second that before this goes any further.

Hedging is not about counter orders at all. It is about related markets and derivatives. A EURUSD transaction can be hedged with EUR bonds, treasuries, their futures and options on them. All at once or individually. But not by EURUSD counter trade. A counter trade is a lock, it is a voluntary gift to a dealer/broker. Only if you are his relative and it is his birthday.

To check the strategy/principle for "whether it is not dumb or wishful thinking", you need to see how everything looks like in netting accounting and in multi-currency basket.

Well, that's what I mean - the very word hash....
Here it is possible to look in such a way - that instead of sl is used a hedge for example - a long position on a share instead of sl is hedged by a sell position on the same futures. And these counter positions are in the market at the same time. The stock is long. The futures counterpart on it is in sell.

Roman Shiredchenko #:
Well, that's what I mean - the very word hash....
Here it is possible to look in such a way - that instead of sl is used a hedge for example - a long position on a share instead of sl is hedged by a sell position on the same futures. And these counter positions are in the market at the same time. The stock is long. The futures counterpart on it is in sell.

Ok, I accept my mistake but I only meant to connect with the readers. I have done a lot of freelance work and no one, absolutely no one ever called this Avalanche or Flip Trading System. Everyone there call this strategy as Hedging Strategy. So I assumed that hedging would better connect me with my readers.

So, yes technically I may be wrong, but I believe I have achieved my goal to connecting with the readers. Also since this terminology has been consistently used throughout the series, it would be challenging to revise it in all instances.

In addition, many readers have contacted me personally with their doubts, and judging from their questions the overall feedback I've received indicates that readers are familiar with and understand the strategy as described. Therefore, I believe it is more beneficial to maintain the current terminology to ensure consistency and understanding for all readers.

Anyway, thank you very much for letting me know my technical mistake.

Kailash Bai Mina #:

Okay, I admit my mistake, but I just wanted to connect with readers. I've done a lot of freelancing and no one, absolutely no one has ever called this system Avalanche or Flip Trading System. Everyone calls this strategy a hedging strategy. So I assumed that hedging would better connect me with my readers.

So yes, technically I could be wrong, but I believe I achieved my goal of connecting with my readers. Also, since this terminology has been used consistently throughout the series, it would be difficult to revise it in all cases.

In addition, many readers have approached me personally with their concerns, and judging from their questions, the overall feedback I have received indicates that readers are familiar with and understand the strategy described. Therefore, I believe it is more beneficial to retain the current terminology to ensure consistency and understanding for all readers.

In any case, thank you very much for pointing out my technical error.

Sps for the article. To the code. I will use your code myself on mt 5 in bidding on this system.
We are waiting for further disclosure of topics!

كايلاش باي مينا # :

نعم إنه كذلك. ولكن هذا ليس سوى الجزء الأول، والفكرة الرئيسية هي متعددة العدد في هذا، والتي يتم تغطيتها في المزيد من المقالات وما يؤثر على التقدم.

thank u