Significant Widening of Forex Spreads at Specific Times

Hello, I am new to Forex trading. I have examined four different brokers regarding spreads. Three of the brokers offer zero spreads and one has an average spread between 4-5. I noticed that the spreads for all brokers tend to widen significantly from around 21:30 (9:30 PM) to approximately 01:40 (1:40 AM), reaching up to a spread of 50 or even higher. This corresponds roughly to the opening of the Sydney session and extends into the Tokyo session for some time. I have looked at several different days. Is this just a coincidence, or is it well known under Forex Traders that spreads can widen so drastically during this time, and therefore one should not trade during this period? Below, I have created a table with the summer and winter times of the sessions, normalized to UTC.

Most brokers with variable spreads widen considerably at end of day (5 PM ET) ± 30 minutes.
My GBPJPY shows average spread = 26 points, average maximum spread = 134.
My EURCHF shows average spread = 18 points, average maximum spread = 106.
(your broker will be similar).
          Is it reasonable to have such a huge spreads (20 PIP spreads) in EURCHF? - General - MQL5 programming forum (2022)

Hi William, thank you for your feedback. If I have converted 5 PM ET correctly to UTC, then it corresponds to 9:30 PM. This is exactly the time that I have also noticed with various brokers. So it seems to be normal. Have you also experienced that the spreads can sometimes remain so extreme until about 01:40 AM, i.e. from 9:30 PM to 01:40 AM (approx. 4h)? Or is this only for a short period of time like 30-60mins or similar with you?