Develop - page 3

Robert Jenkins #:
All I am saying is that IF the freelancer stood to make a financial loss they MIGHT put more effort in

What financial losses can a freelancer suffer? Do you suggest that the 10% commission be paid by the freelancer? Most budgets here are $30-50. That is, $3-5 financial losses. This is the cost of a bottle of beer. Do you think the risk of losing a bottle of beer will make a freelancer work harder?

Robert Jenkins #:
IF the freelancer stood to make a financial loss they MIGHT put more effort in

Such proposals may sound good if discussed superficially without going into detail. If you start to think through the details of implementing such an idea, you will realize that it will not bring the desired effect.

Now think that you are the owner of MQ and you are pursuing these goals:

Vladislav Boyko #:
the freelance service was created by MQ to popularize the platform and develop the community

Now you are being offered to spend money on implementing fines for freelancers, which does not solve any problems, and in return only hinders the achievement of the main goals of the freelancing service.

Don't think I'm defending bad freelancers. I'm just trying to think objectively.

If some employee is not performing well, I think making him work is a bad idea. Just fire him.

Vladislav Boyko #:
Now you are being offered to spend money on implementing fines for freelancers

“Spend money” because the development and integration of such a solution will cost the company money. The guys who will develop and integrate this don’t work for $30

Vladislav Boyko #:

Don't think I'm defending bad freelancers. I'm just trying to think objectively.

If some employee is not performing well, I think making him work is a bad idea. Just fire him.

Excellent idea except as far as I am aware the majority are self employed

How many hoops does someone applying to be a freelancer have to jump through before they can tout for business ?

Is their portfolio checked ?

Robert Jenkins #:

How many hoops does someone applying to be a freelancer have to jump through before they can tout for business ?

Is their portfolio checked ?

No hoops. Absolutely anyone can take an order.

This once again confirms this statement of mine:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Develop

Vladislav Boyko, 2023.11.29 07:04

In my opinion, the freelance service was created by MQ to popularize the platform and develop the community.

This not only harms customers, but also good freelancers. Because as soon as a person can be transferred from the category of coders to the category of developers, it becomes unprofitable for him to take orders here. If such a developer did similar work while working for an IT company, he would earn more.

There's no point in fighting this, I don't think anything can change dramatically here. If you hire someone here, there is a high risk that they will be a coder with low qualifications. This risk must be accepted, there is no point in denying it or trying to force someone to work.

On the other hand, prices here are very low. And there are skilled freelancers here, just a oh-so-minority. Therefore, I advised breaking the task into parts. When placing an order for $30, you risk a small amount. If a developer asks for a relatively large budget, this does not mean that he is highly qualified. Give him a small part of the task and see how he handles it before increasing the budget. I already wrote about this here:

Develop

Vladislav Boyko, 2023.11.28 23:00

I think that in the process of communication one can draw some conclusions about a person’s professionalism. In my opinion, this is one of the best indicators. Perhaps even the best.

Remember that there are always risks in everything. If the project budget is quite large for you, divide the task into parts. Let the developer do some small part first. After the developer completes the first part, if you are satisfied with everything, order the next part as a separate order. If you do not want to continue working with this developer after completing the first part, it is better to order the same first part again. Most likely, it will be easier for a new developer to develop this from scratch than to make changes to someone else's code.

Vladislav Boyko #:

No hoops. Absolutely anyone can take an order.

This once again confirms this statement of mine:

This not only harms customers, but also good freelancers. Because as soon as a person can be transferred from the category of coders to the category of developers, it becomes unprofitable for him to take orders here. If such a developer did similar work while working for an IT company, he would earn more.

There's no point in fighting this, I don't think anything can change dramatically here. If you hire someone here, there is a high risk that they will be a coder with low qualifications. This risk must be accepted, there is no point in denying it or trying to force someone to work.

On the other hand, prices here are very low. And there are skilled freelancers here, just a oh-so-minority. Therefore, I advised breaking the task into parts. When placing an order for $30, you risk a small amount. If a developer asks for a relatively large budget, this does not mean that he is highly qualified. Give him a small part of the task and see how he handles it before increasing the budget. I already wrote about this here:

P.S ... Good summary IMO

" If you hire someone here, there is a high risk that they will be a coder with low qualifications. This risk must be accepted, there is no point in denying it or trying to force someone to work"

If MQL5 attracts all the Coders ... Where do the Developers hang out ?

Fernando Carreiro #:
will seek out proper "developers" and stay away from the Freelance section.

So ... where is this section for "Proper Developers" ... is it only by invitation ... do I need a password ... do I have to grease someone's palm ?

IMO it would be a good thing to have "Coders" for the basic stuff (indicators) and "Developers" for the more advanced (Expert Advisors) rather than grouped together under "Freelancers"

Goes without saying they would be different pay grades ... "You get what you pay for"

Robert Jenkins #:

So ... where is this section for "Proper Developers" ... is it only by invitation ... do I need a password ... do I have to grease someone's palm ?

IMO it would be a good thing to have "Coders" for the basic stuff (indicators) and "Developers" for the more advanced (Expert Advisors) rather than grouped together under "Freelancers"

Goes without saying they would be different pay grades ... "You get what you pay for"

You should estimating about who are the coders for basic stuff for you and who are advanced coders (for you) - for personal order in Freelance for example.

------------------------------

I am posting is all the time on the forum during the many years (it is about Market products but it is same for the Signals and for Freelance as well):

Sergey Golubev, 2021.01.14 09:18

• If you bought the product from your friend or from your relative or from very active users on this forum so you can fix anything related with the sellers who are responsible about what they are seller (and because you both know each other for the long time).
  • But if you bought something from "anyone" just because of have a lot of money so - sorry: it is your risk, and this risk can not be turned to anyone else.

----------------

I am posting this suggestion all the time on the forum. It is related to the Signals, the Market, and to the Freelance as well - 

Sergey Golubev, 2020.01.16 06:35

There is one rule which some people follow:
subscribe to the signal or create an order in Freelance or purchase the product from the user/seller/coder/provider you know in person or you know by activity on the forum.

Because if you purchased something so I may ask:
"Do you know the seller in person, or you are familiar with him on this forum?"
If you say: "Not" so it will be very strange case for me ...

Just my optinion.

----------------

There are a lot of professional and honest users/coders on the forum, and some of them are very active on this forum helping to the other people and replying on the forum posts/requests.

Always choose the person you know in this forum (who is very active here), and you will have less problems with anything.

Just my opinion sorry.