EA scams - page 7

Fernando Carreiro #:

May I suggest you reach out to the Service Desk and explain the situation. Unfortunately, using the "Complain" button does not attract the admin's attention much (based on personal experience).

PS! By the way, the author of the product you purchased, does not answer because he is currently banned (don't know the details, however — I'm just a moderator, a normal user).

EDIT: Please don't mention the product or the author by name here on the forum. Keep it anonymous.

Thank you.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Here is some more feed back. This is just my personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

The product you bought does not seem unreasonable, but it uses some "marketing" words, like AI, and such.

In terms of functionality, it is a M1 scalper, so it can be very finicky about any lag or delays in processing and connection to the broker. Not exactly a "scam" but a very a "sensitive" EA that needs to be optimised and used properly.

It does look like it was over-fitted, but on first evaluation and based on the price and availability to subscribe on a monthly basis at the minimum price, I don't believe it to be a scam.

Also, yours is the only complaint on his profile, even though he has sold more than 10 products.

Given that he is currently banned, probably only for a short temporary duration, I would like to give the seller the benefit of the doubt in this case.

EDIT: There is a user comment explaining his absence ... "He will respond... He has been banned from writing for 7 days because of promotion of his EA in the forum. He'll be back tomorrow"

I did not find any deleted promotion of his in English forum, so I will search in the other languages and see when it was.

EDIT2: Could not find any such post. Don't even know when it was either. You will just have to wait a day or two and then talk to him. It may just be a misunderstanding and he will be able to help you sort out the problem for you.

I do not want to be a person crying wolf. I'll sit on my hands for a few days to allow the seller some time to repond. I just find the optimization results strange and very uniform.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Also, yours is the only complaint on his profile, even though he has sold more than 10 products.

I just want to say there was another one "hello sir, send any set file.......default settings maximum loss trade" - so it's not just me but in any case the seller has replied on the product now. Hopefully we will have two way responsive communication now.

Luke Monaghan #: I just want to say there was another one "hello sir, send any set file.......default settings maximum loss trade" - so it's not just me but in any case the seller has replied on the product now. Hopefully we will have two way responsive communication now.

That is a public "Comment" on the product page to which the seller was unable to answer at the time.

A private "Complaint" does not appear in public and is only accessible to moderators and admins.

stuartmiles #:

That sounds like a good way, like myfxbook, they have to be connected to a broker and live trade even if it is a demo account. That would sift out the scammers.

I agree that the EA should be linked to a real account because the backtest and demo account do not reflect real results. This change is necessary to separate the waste from the honest sellers.