Unseen (closed) chart upon PC restart and also can't find the closed chart on File>Open Deleted

Just today while I was working on my Metatrader 5 for PC, the electricity went OFF and few minutes later also my PC ran out of battery. There was a single chart that I had been due my trade analysis for almost 2 months now (the chart included texts, arrowed lines and other useful information during trade analysis for the past 2 months) which was not found upon my PC restart (after the electricity went ON - electricity came back).

I can't find the chart tried to look on File>Open Deleted but the chart is not there. Other charts (which I was not using them by the time the PC ran ok ut of battery) were also open (by the time ran out of battery) but were still found open after the PC restart except only that single chart.

Please, anyone with any idea or suggested solution on how to reclaim back my lost chart because it contains very useful information (trade analysis) to me for the past 2 months, thanks in advance. 

High_riskleverage:

Just today while I was working on my Metatrader 5 for PC, the electricity went OFF and few minutes later also my PC ran out of battery. There was a single chart that I had been due my trade analysis for almost 2 months now (the chart included texts, arrowed lines and other useful information during trade analysis for the past 2 months) which was not found upon my PC restart (after the electricity went ON - electricity came back).

I can't find the chart tried to look on File>Open Deleted but the chart is not there. Other charts (which I was not using them by the time the PC ran ok ut of battery) were also open (by the time ran out of battery) but were still found open after the PC restart except only that single chart.

Please, anyone with any idea or suggested solution on how to reclaim back my lost chart because it contains very useful information (trade analysis) to me for the past 2 months, thanks in advance. 

It is gone! MetaTrader only saves the data when you close the application properly.

That is why you should regularly save your chart as a template or save all your charts as a profile, and also regularly close and reopen the application.

Templates and Profiles - Additional Features - Price Charts, Technical and Fundamental Analysis - MetaTrader 5 Help
Templates and Profiles - Additional Features - Price Charts, Technical and Fundamental Analysis - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
A template is a set of chart window parameters that can be applied to other charts. The following data can be stored in a template: chart type and...

Fernando Carreiro #:

It is gone! MetaTrader only saves the data when you close the application properly.

That is why you should regularly save your chart as a template or save all your charts as a profile, and also regularly close and reopen the application.

I'm very sad for knowing that but also thanks for the information on templates and profiles as I didn't know it usefulness till today. Thanks

High_riskleverage #: I'm very sad for knowing that but also thanks for the information on templates and profiles as I didn't know it usefulness till today. Thanks

Yes, it would have been nice for MetaTrader to have an autosave feature instead of just saving at the end when it closes.

It is definitely an oversight by the developers that could have been implemented a long time ago.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, it would have been nice for MetaTrader to have an autosave feature instead of just saving at the end when it closes.

It is definitely an oversight by the developers that could have been implemented a long time ago.

Yah for sure, but maybe they also never knew and thought about it (that it could happen that the PC just runs out of battery and every work becomes completely lost). But what suprises me is that how come charts are not autosaved in the local PC after time to time because now my whole completely work is lost (for almost 2 months) while it could have been better if it was only the today's work that is lost (because I didn't save it), it really suprises me.