Discussing the article: "How to create a simple Multi-Currency Expert Advisor using MQL5 (Part 3): Added symbols prefixes and/or suffixes and Trading Time Session"

Check out the new article: How to create a simple Multi-Currency Expert Advisor using MQL5 (Part 3): Added symbols prefixes and/or suffixes and Trading Time Session.

Several fellow traders sent emails or commented about how to use this Multi-Currency EA on brokers with symbol names that have prefixes and/or suffixes, and also how to implement trading time zones or trading time sessions on this Multi-Currency EA.

In the previous article I said that, this Multi-Currency Expert Advisor will not work with brokers with symbol or pair names that have prefixes or suffixes.

In Expert Advisors (EAs) that only work on single currencies (one pair, one EA), there will be no problems regarding brokers with symbol names that have prefixes and/or suffixes.

But in the multi-currency EA that I created, it became a problem because we first registered 30 pairs that would be traded with standard symbol names commonly used by many brokers. This method is the fastest and simplest compared to having to input the pair names one by one in the expert input properties, there is also the possibility of errors due to typos.

Actually, traders or coders who will use EA principles like the ones we created can manually edit all 30 pairs that listed and it won't cause any problems.

But all of us, including me, would actually prefer it if a function was created to automatically handle symbol names that have prefixes and/or suffixes, so that if an EA is used on MetaTrader5  from a broker with special symbol names like that, everything will run smoothly.

Author: Roberto Jacobs