You won't believe this! FORCED to upgrade!!!

Copy of my current chat with broker:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
You are now chatting with 'Client Services'
Client Services: Hi, this is Dale. How may I help you?
you: yes Dale...my platform is showing in the lower righ hand corner "Old VErsion" and will not connect
you: using version 4.00 build 186
you: just happened like 15-30 minutes ago
Client Services: go to help and about and tell me the version
you: i did already
Client Services: oops sorry
Client Services: current version is 193
you: yes i know
you: but 193 has massive bug issues
Client Services: metatrader is making people upgrade
you: really? never heard of such a thing from any software company in my life
Client Services: no there are more problems on the older builds
you: I disagree, but if you say so. So that is the problem then yes?
Client Services: what they have done is made the signal inactive for older versions
you: ok thank you
Client Services: this is from metatrader.... not from us
you: ok thanks

Now for me to mention that this is a live account, so I'm pretty upset.
If upgrading is not an option, then I feel I should not be allowed to cancel the build when I start up the platform.
So bugs and all it seems I have no choice.

You have to update your MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal because the new version has fewer bugs and more useful features. Besides, the MetaTrader 4 Server processes requests from newer builds faster and better than those from the older ones.

It is not a whim, but a necessity.

Moreover, I would recommend you to update your terminal in time using the LiveUpdate system. This will help you to avoid many problems in future.

https://www.metaquotes.net/en/company/news

12 January 2006

New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 188 has been released.

What’s new:
1. Modify Order Window: Stop levels are defined under taking the minimal permissible levels above/below the market price into consideration.
2. New Order Window: Added displaying of price levels in tick chart + new colors.
3. New Order Window: Added automated replacing of zero prices (0.0000) with the market ones at the fisrt modification.
4. New Order Window: Added notification dialog for an early refuse to trade.

5. Experts: Added automated deletion of expert logs in 5 days.

6. Fixed updating error of the last known server time.
7. The Background property remains in objects of TextLabel and Text.
8. Added the balance chart in the «Detailed» report of trading history.
9. Fixed deletion of objects from the chart during deinitialization of scripts and experts at closing of the terminal.
10. Remade and essentially enlarged the built-in Help files in Russian for the terminal.
11. Remade the MetaEditor Dictionary in Russian.
12. Fixed saving of MagicNumber at manual confirmation of trades from experts.
13. Fixed deletion of pending orders at manual confirmation during the OrderDelete() function execution from experts.

14. Fixed the MarketInfo() function at using of MODE_MINLOT, MODE_LOTSTEP.
15. When working in the investor mode, one cannot call any trade dialog windows.
16. Fixed dialog window of file opening and saving in MetaEditor.
17. Fixed the account currency output in the tool tip appearing when the cursor is placed over the account number in the «Navigator» window.
18. MQL4: Fixed processing of ’continue’ inside of the ’switch’ operator in compiler.
19. MQL4: Removed constraints for the operational buffer capacity of 4KB for operations with strings.
20. MQL4: Introduced the new encoding of EX4 files, they are much more difficult to decode now.
21. MQL4: Added new functions named ScreenShot and SendFTP.
22. MQL4: Completely removed the SpeechText function.

23. MQL4: Removed functions named ObjectSetVisibility and ObjectGetVisibility, ObjectSet and ObjectGet with corresponding parameters to be used instead.
24. MQL4: Fixed the FirstVisibleBar function.
25. MQL4: Introduced new properties in description of indicators #property indicator_styleN, indicator_widthN, indicator_levelcolor, indicator_levelstyle, indicator_levelwidth.
26. Tester: Fixed error of placing of mistaken SL and TP in pending orders.
27. Tester: Fixed error of pending order price modification.
28. Tester: Fixed error of profits converting into the deposit currency.
29. Tester: Testing limiting dates are shown in reports.
30. Tester: Fixed error of partial position closing named CloseBy.

31. Tester: Fixed recalculation of margin requirements.

32. Tick history for Market Watch is stored separately for each server.
33. Added viewing of emails in HTML format.
34. Improved operation of DDE.
35. Fixed triggering of Trailing Stop when the TP order level has been approached.
36. Improved sorting of open positions when tested.
37. Added the «Copy All» pop-up menu string at copying of lines of optimization and testing results.
38. Improved working through Data Center.

39. Improved pumping of charts at re-connections. 40. Indicators: Fixed the shift parameter in Standard Deviation.

41. New Order: Added support for hotkeys of Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V at prices setting.
42. MetaEditor: Added integrated access to MQL4.com web site. It is very easy to access to any script published at "MQL4: automated forex trading" now.
43. MetaEditor: Expanded and remade Functions Dictionary.
44. MetaEditor: Changed the compiler version. All MQL4 programs will be recompiled forcedly.
45. MetaEditor: All settings have been removed from the registry.

45. A variety of small modifications.

03 February 2006

New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 189.

What’s new:
1. Fixed appearance of messages in internal mailing system;
2. Tester: The contents of Results and Graphs tabs will be cleared after testing settings (symbol, period, expert) have been changed;
3. Tester: If orders are closed forcedly, the same comments as in the trading server will be set in them;
4. Fixed refreshing of symbols list in the popup quotes window;
5. In objects of Ellipse, Gann’s Tools, Fibonacci Arcs, fixed scaling error in charts of symbols having the number of digits after point other than 4;
6. Fixed error in scaling of Fibonacci Arcs;
7. Remade and significantly expanded Help Files in English;
8. Fixed error of double expert deinitialization at closing of the chart;
9. Fixed looping error at recursive calls in experts;
10. Fixed critical error of memory access at simultaneous working of many experts;
11. *OnArray indicators are not shown in the Graphs of testing results anymore;
12. Sorting parameters of the «Account History» tab are saved in the terminal settings;
13. At generation of account status reports, closed positions are sorted like thos in the «Account History» tab;
14. Fixed receiving of news through data centers;
15. MQL4: Fixed processing of «continue» operator in a complex expression in «case» operator body.
16. In window «Navigator» after removing of the account from the accounts list of tab «Common», this account also will be removed from the list of tab «Favorites»;
17. Advanced status bar: after click on connection status the «Login» menu will shown as popup menu. And if there exists several access points of the server, then their list with the active connection will be displayed. At click on other access point, terminal will try to reconnect to server through selected access point.
18. Improved «Andrews` Pitchfork» object drawing.

02 March 2006

New MetaTrader 4 build 191 has been released.

What’s new:
1. Fixed error of outgoing traffic increasing when computer has been working for more than a month.
2. Added possibility to work via proxy servers with NTLM authorization.
3. When a transaction is transferred from history, SHIFT being pressed, a trendline will be set that connects order opening and closing points.
4. Developed data center settings saving separately attached to each account.
5. Fixed opening of a new chart window at great amount of securities available.
6. Levels of the last price are shown in offline charts.
7. Added possibility of grouped moving of selected objects if their node points are in immediate proximity to each other (within 2 pixels).
8. Errors of uninitialized strings are not output in the experts log.
9. Added normalization of lot values returned by OrderLots() and MarketInfo() functions.
10. Fixed working of ObjectGetFiboDescription() and ObjectSetFiboDescription() functions, as well as description of these functions in MetaEditor Dictionary.
11. The «#property library» feature of the source code does not cancel the start() function, i.e., the library can be launched as a script or as an expert if the start() function is available in it.
12. In the absence of the start() function, MQL4 program cannot be launched, i.e., the unavailable start() function will not be replaced with the first function of MQL4 program now.
13. MQL4: All expressions to be calculated at a global level, beyond all the functions, are deleted.
14. MQL4: The StringSetText() function allows to add a symbol to a string if the position points at the end of the string.
15. Tester: Fixed swaps calculation for CFD securities.
16. Tester: Fixed working with nonGTC symbols.
17. Fixed error causing, in some cases, early initializing of experts.
18. Corrected free margin calculation immediately after the position has been opened.
19. Corrected modeling quality calculation.
20. Corrected balance changes graph in the detailed report of the account history.
21. Added «Execution Errors» topic to the MetaEditor Dictionary.
22. Added anchoring feature for the third point of FiboExpansion.
23. Added checking for the maximum positive integer amount of bars in history in the «Tools — Options — Charts».
24. Enhanced the drawing accuracy of the second line of ’Equidistant Channel’.

21 April 2006

MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 192 will be released on 26 April, 2006.

What’s new:
1. Fixed error of libraries compiling.
2. Fixed error of history updating when changing accounts.
3. Fixed drawing of the list of open positions.
4. Fixed drawing of anchoring points for Equidistant Channel.
5. Only selected trendlines are available for grouped moving of objects.
6. Expert initialization function can only be called after all data have been income when starting the terminal or changing accounts.
7. МQL4: Added access to Fibo objects levels properties from programs.
8. MQL4: Fixed reading error for large strings with the FileReadString function.
9. Tester: Added optimization results cache.
10. Tester: Immediate stopping of testing when not enough memory.
11. Tester: The result is discarded if a testing limit has been reached during optimizing.
12. Tester: Added automated deletion of testing sequences in 28 days after the last access.
13. Tester: Manual changing of the «Recalculate» parameter is stored and applied at terminal starting.
14. Tester: Added automated controlling of the «Recalculate» parameter when working with testing data.
15. Tester: Added possibility to display optimization results as a 2D-graph.
16. Tester: Improved working with memory.
17. Tester: Fixed tooltips drawing on optimization graph.
18. Fixed opening of a new chart when there is a large amount of symbols available.
19. Added keeping saved of the Full Screen mode.
20. MetaEditor: Improved working when using two monitors.
21. MetaEditor: Fixed displaying of compilation error line pointer.
22. Enhanced saving of the terminal settings when using two monitors.
23. Added displaying of SL and TP for symbols processed in the Request mode.
24. Fixed drawing of objects in monthly charts.
25. Extended operation of the data publishing function: The Publisher now sends a GIF file, as well, if an detailed report is applied.
26. Added possibility to hide and show symbols as a group in the «Market Watch» window.
27. Fixed internal news and internal mail displaying.
28. Added the attempt to add the new or hidden symbols symbols in «Market Watch» at opening a profile with the charts containing these symbols.
29. Added the selection of objects from Object List window.
30. Fixed the final calculation of maximal drawdown in the detailed report.
31. Revised MetaEditor Dictionary.

03 May 2006

New MetaTrader 4 build 193 has been released.

What’s new:
1. Fixed free margin check for demo accounts on symbols with margin currency differing from the symbol base currency.
2. Revised MetaEditor Dictionary.

ok but should it not be posted in the end user agreement. Then I would have no excuse. I understand that upgrading may be necessary and crucial, but disabling my system,...just felt that was not polite and uncalled for

I received this email for IBFX,

Dear Interbank FX Customers,

We wanted to update you on the problems you are experiencing today with MT4 and apologize for the inconvenience. This morning Meta Quotes came out with a new update to their software.

Shortly after the update came out we received the following email message from Meta Quotes.

Bug in Data Center Build 304
”Unfortunately, in build 304 that had been released in the morning today, an error was discovered. This error concerns retardation of the quotes flow. We highly recommend to launch manual updating through Administrator and upgrade data centers to build 305.The error was caused by adding of the new mode of hourly checking the charts constancy. The main quotes pumping stream was braked due to numerous rechecks of charts. We are making our apologies for possible inconveniences caused by this error.”

Forced upgrades are not a necessity!!!!!!!!

Actually that email is in regards to the server software IBFX is using. Look at my chat with IBFX operator? I clearly mentioned that software would not allow trading as I have an "older version". So if that is not forced upgrades, then please explain what that means keeping in mind the conversation with I had with IBFX. I would not be so upset if Metaquotes clearly stated that upgrading to new builds is mandatory. I understand new builds are there for fixes and improvements. But if what I have is working, why upgrade to a whole other set of new bugs that I need to adapt to? Bugs are common and until they seem to be clearly fixed...I would rather not upgrade until then. So Metaquotes is this your doing? Or is this IBFX giving me the run around?

Tatyana :
You have to update your MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal because the new version has fewer bugs and more useful features. Besides, the MetaTrader 4 Server processes requests from newer builds faster and better than those from the older ones.

It is not a whim, but a necessity.

Moreover, I would recommend you to update your terminal in time using the LiveUpdate system. This will help you to avoid many problems in future.

The new terminal will not open

How good is it if it doesn't work.

AmritenduMaji :
I received this email for IBFX,

Dear Interbank FX Customers,

We wanted to update you on the problems you are experiencing today with MT4 and apologize for the inconvenience. This morning Meta Quotes came out with a new update to their software.

Shortly after the update came out we received the following email message from Meta Quotes.

Bug in Data Center Build 304
”Unfortunately, in build 304 that had been released in the morning today, an error was discovered. This error concerns retardation of the quotes flow. We highly recommend to launch manual updating through Administrator and upgrade data centers to build 305.The error was caused by adding of the new mode of hourly checking the charts constancy. The main quotes pumping stream was braked due to numerous rechecks of charts. We are making our apologies for possible inconveniences caused by this error.”

Forced upgrades are not a necessity!!!!!!!!

Maybe you guys need to hire someone like my wife who is an awesome software tester. She is currently employed but I am sure there are others like her who can test the snot out of newly developed code.