MT5 Strategy Optimization on ubuntu VPS - page 2

Adil Sumra #:

Testing and optimization of my own strategies..

And is there any intent to also go the python (pytorch / tensorflow) way or just the strategy tester ? 

Also are the resources shared on the vps ? 

Lorentzos Roussos #:

And is there any intent to also go the python (pytorch / tensorflow) way or just the strategy tester ? 

Also are the resources shared on the vps ? 

I got started in MQL5 before 4-5 months now. So doing testing and coding on that only. But since last week I have started to learn python. Also C++ on the schedule in future. I guess i will need time to learn Python and C++, maybe 6 months or a year. After that i will be using python and c++.

Yes Its share resouces vps..

Adil Sumra #:

I got started in MQL5 before 4-5 months now. So doing testing and coding on that only. But since last week I have started to learn python. Also C++ on the schedule in future. I guess i will need time to learn Python and C++, maybe 6 months or a year. After that i will be using python and c++.

Yes Its share resouces vps..

Then get a PC , since theres time until you learn python you wont need the GPU much . 

So focus on CPU , Memory and Read/Write speed of the hard drive . I'd suggest 2 drives 2 , just in case

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Then get a PC , since theres time until you learn python you wont need the GPU much . 

So focus on CPU , Memory and Read/Write speed of the hard drive . I'd suggest 2 drives 2 , just in case

PC? A good PC will cost me around 1200$ here. will Ubuntu not be cost effective? with cost of 225$ per year! May be i can try for a month for 20$. If it dont work I can look for PC or Windows VPS.

If i get Ubuntu VPS and need help to install or configure MT5 can i message you to get help?

Thanks

Adil Sumra #:

PC? A good PC will cost me around 1200$ here. will Ubuntu not be cost effective? with cost of 225$ per year! May be i can try for a month for 20$. If it dont work I can look for PC or Windows VPS.

If i get Ubuntu VPS and need help to install or configure MT5 can i message you to get help?

Thanks

You can do that too .

Yeah post it here and if someone knows the answer to the issue (if you face any) they will reply.

How is the model of the vps (provider) working however ? Are you sure it's not dedicated ?

Adil Sumra #: PC? A good PC will cost me around 1200$ here. will Ubuntu not be cost effective? with cost of 225$ per year! May be i can try for a month for 20$. If it dont work I can look for PC or Windows VPS. If i get Ubuntu VPS and need help to install or configure MT5 can i message you to get help? Thanks

Have you considered using the MQL5 Cloud for testing?

You can easily calculate the cost beforehand. Run a single test to find out how long it takes on your computer, then multiple the time by the number of passes you will need to calculate the final cost.

The cost of a tester agent with PR=100 is $0.04 per hour. One work unit is equal to quant. A quant represents a work of an agent with PR=1 during 1 ms (1 millisecond). Thus, the cost of one quant is:

QuantPrice=0,04 USD/(100PR*3 600 000 ms)=1,11111E-10  [USD/(PR*ms)]

Fernando Carreiro #:

Have you considered using the MQL5 Cloud for testing?

You can easily calculate the cost beforehand. Run a single test to find out how long it takes on your computer, then multiple the time by the number of passes you will need to calculate the final cost.

The cost of a tester agent with PR=100 is $0.04 per hour. One work unit is equal to quant. A quant represents a work of an agent with PR=1 during 1 ms (1 millisecond). Thus, the cost of one quant is:

QuantPrice=0,04 USD/(100PR*3 600 000 ms)=1,11111E-10  [USD/(PR*ms)]

he'll have to compare with the vps for that

although i imagine he'll save a lot of time

Adil Sumra #: with cost of 225$ per year! May be i can try for a month for 20$.

20$ per month does not seem to be a very powerful setup. It will not have much disk space, nor ram nor CPU power.

For $20/month it will probably something like 1 vCPU, 2-4GB RAM, 30-50 GB SSD HD. That will be no good for optimisations.

Lorentzos Roussos #:

You can do that too .

Yeah post it here and if someone knows the answer to the issue (if you face any) they will reply.

How is the model of the vps (provider) working however ? Are you sure it's not dedicated ?

Sure.

Yes Its not dedicated. Cause they have diffrent cost for dedicated Servers.

Fernando Carreiro #:

20$ per month does not seem to be a very powerful setup. It will not have much disk space, nor ram nor CPU power.

For $20/month it will probably something like 1 vCPU, 2-4GB RAM, 30-50 GB SSD HD. That will be no good for optimisations.

They have Ubuntu VPS (32GB RAM, 8 Cores, 400GB NVMe Disk Space) for 225$/Year (which will be around 20$/month)