Receiving and sending brokers are different

I have subscribed to a signal using the FBS broker for 2 days. I used the XMGlobal broker to copy the signal. There was a problem because the symbol used in XMGlobal ending in # was not like the symbol used in FBS. XMGlobal uses Gold# and FBS uses XAUUSD so the XMGlobal broker cannot copy signals from the FBS broker. Please help to resolve this problem.

JONI Spd: I have subscribed to a signal using the FBS broker for 2 days. I used the XMGlobal broker to copy the signal. There was a problem because the symbol used in XMGlobal ending in # was not like the symbol used in FBS. XMGlobal uses Gold# and FBS uses XAUUSD so the XMGlobal broker cannot copy signals from the FBS broker. Please help to resolve this problem.

I don't use signals, so I am not absolutely sure, but in such cases where there is no predefined mapping mechanism for the symbols, then it will not be possible to follow the signal with that setup.

You will have to use a different broker where the automatic mapping of the symbols is possible.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I don't use signals, so I am not absolutely sure, but in such cases where there is no predefined mapping mechanism for the symbols, then it will not be possible to follow the signal with that setup.

You will have to use a different broker where the automatic mapping of the symbols is possible.

Is it possible to change brokers/trading accounts to continue copying previously subscribed signals, without canceling the subscription fee?

JONI Spd #: Is it possible to change brokers/trading accounts to continue copying previously subscribed signals, without canceling the subscription fee?

You will have to wait for @Eleni Anna Branou to read your topic and give you a more informed answer. Unfortunately, I am not able to answer that question.

JONI Spd #: Is it possible to change brokers/trading accounts to continue copying previously subscribed signals, without canceling the subscription fee?
By the way, please don't use the "Complain" link to post questions. That link is reserved for you to report problematic situations, such as spam, advertising, abusive or offensive behaviour, etc.

Fernando Carreiro #:
Ngomong-ngomong, mohon jangan gunakan tautan "Keluhan" untuk mengirim pertanyaan. Tautan tersebut disediakan bagi Anda untuk melaporkan situasi bermasalah, seperti spam, iklan, perilaku kasar atau menyinggung, dll.

I am Sorry, Sir

JONI Spd:
I have subscribed to a signal using the FBS broker for 2 days. I used the XMGlobal broker to copy the signal. There was a problem because the symbol used in XMGlobal ending in # was not like the symbol used in FBS. XMGlobal uses Gold# and FBS uses XAUUSD so the XMGlobal broker cannot copy signals from the FBS broker. Please help to resolve this problem.

If some symbol can not be traded by mapping so you should get "symbol not found" warning in the Metatrader journal (or in MQL5 VPS journal in case you are using VPS).
More about mapping - read this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/442553

You should know about mapping even if you are going to change the subscription to an other broker (because the mapping issue is related to the broker only).

MQL Uregent ATtention required
  • www.mql5.com
SO this is like the dumbest thing I have seen where money is considered and no one seems to be able to assist...

JONI Spd #:

Is it possible to change brokers/trading accounts to continue copying previously subscribed signals, without canceling the subscription fee?

Yes, it is possible -

Sergey Golubev #:

Ya, itu mungkin -

I subscribe to signals using the FBS broker, and my broker is XMGlobal, both of which have different currency symbols. So the copying process does not run perfectly. I want to open a new account in ICMarkets which has the same currency symbol in FBS to continue the subscription. Is this allowed?

JONI Spd #:

I subscribe to signals using the FBS broker, and my broker is XMGlobal, both of which have different currency symbols. So the copying process does not run perfectly. I want to open a new account in ICMarkets which has the same currency symbol in FBS to continue the subscription. Is this allowed?

The brokers may have different symbol named, and it is nothing to do with any error.
The issue is with the mapping: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/442553

Example:

The Provider has trading symbol called GOLD, and my broker has the same instrument, but it is called XAUUSD. Are trades on GOLD copied to XAUUSD in that case?

The Provider has trading symbol called GOLD, and my broker has the same instrument, but it is called XAUUSD. Are trades on GOLD copied to XAUUSD in that case?

If a Subscriber's account has a symbol with the same name as the one on the Provider's account, and trading is fully allowed for the symbol, trades will be copied for this symbol. If trading is allowed partially or disabled for the found symbol, this symbol is considered inappropriate for copying, and the system will continue to search for a suitable symbol:

1. On the Subscriber's account, the system searches for all symbols with the names coinciding with the Provider's symbol by the first 6 characters. For example, EURUSD == EURUSDxxx == EURUSDyyy.
    2. Full permission to perform trading is checked for each detected symbol. If trading is allowed partially or completely forbidden, such a symbol is discarded.
    3. Margin calculation type is checked for each remaining symbol - if it is Forex, a symbol is considered to be suitable. Symbols of CFD, Futures or other calculation types are discarded.
    4. If no symbols remain after conducting all the checks or more than one symbol is found, it is considered that a symbol mapping attempt has failed and it is impossible to copy Provider's trades for that symbol.
    5. If one suitable symbol is found, it is used for copying Provider's trades.

So, if the privider is using EUR/USD, and your broker is having more than one symbol for EUR/USD (EURUSDt, EURUSDm, and so on but more than one) - this symbol will not be copied to you.
And if EUR/USD is having non-Forex margin calculation (you can see it on symbol specification in Metatrader) so this symbol will not be copied.
It is mapping, and you should change the broker in this case (and your next broker should have good mapping).

read post for details.

----------------------------

I want to open a new account in ICMarkets which has the same currency symbol in FBS to continue the subscription. Is this allowed?

Yes, I already made a post on this thread about how to change the broker.
Same symbol or not same symbol ... it is nothing related to the copiyng.

You should check about how many same/siimilar symbols will you have with new broker (no more than one), and margin calculation of this symbol -
just to be sure about mapping. And after that only you should change the broker.

• www.mql5.com
SO this is like the dumbest thing I have seen where money is considered and no one seems to be able to assist...

JONI Spd #:

Yes, you can move your signal subscription to another broker account once a week, so be careful with the account details because if you make any mistake you will have to wait for another week to try again.

You should look for a broker/server setup that has the same symbol, without any suffixes like the signal provider in order to be certain that you will copy smoothly.