Marketplace - Can we go from Free to paid?

Good morning

As said in the title, I would like to know if I put an ex5 on the marketplace for free, can I put it for a fee later?

The reason is this.
I have some code that I put into the codebase.

But maybe for some traders, definitely not developers, it would be simpler to download ex5 in the marketplace and not have to deal with anything like saving to the right directory, compiling, etc.

Besides this question, I'm wondering if I could create a codebase link to the marketplace without breaking a rule?

(automatically translated from French)

A free Market product can be switched to paid, but a Codebase code cannot be moved to the Market as paid.

About the product pricing, I believe you can do it. From the moment you own it, it is up to you to make it free or paid, now the main question is that something that you have already Made public, and the code source is everywhere, what value can it have, won't everyone look for the free version instead of the paid version Kowing that both versions are same?

Now if you are doing it to avoid right directory, compiling, or file won't compile, I think it is a good idea, but in this logic, keeping it free will be better (personal Opinion). However, for your last question about the " codebase link to the marketplace", I don't have an answer to it. 

Sie Samuel Roland Youl #:

Concernant le prix du produit , je pense que vous pouvez le faire. A partir du moment où vous le possédez, c'est à vous de le rendre gratuit ou payant, maintenant la question principale est que quelque chose que vous avez déjà rendu public, et la source du code est partout, quelle valeur peut-il avoir, tout le monde ne le fera pas recherchez la version gratuite au lieu de la version payante. Vous savez que les deux versions sont identiques ?

Maintenant, si vous le faites pour éviter le bon répertoire, la compilation ou le fichier ne se compilera pas, je pense que c'est une bonne idée, mais dans cette logique, il serait préférable de le garder gratuit (opinion personnelle). Cependant, pour votre dernière question sur le " lien de base de code vers le marché", je n'ai pas de réponse.

Hi

As said, free would initially be exactly the same code and that's why it would be free.

The codes that I put in codebase are functional but there are still subjects that are not covered, because I want the code to remain easy to understand and read.

Adding these topics to open source would make me lose this goal of simplicity

Paid additions can be very numerous.

adding and controlling many more user inputs.

Runtime error messages are not necessarily the best

Handling the famous error 4806 unprocessed.

Alerts, thresholds, crossings, colors, drawn objects and many other things that could enrich the open source version would be added and would be paid for, because in the end the code would no longer have anything to do with the version open source

Eleni Anna Branou # :
a Codebase code cannot be moved to the Market as paid.

Hi
What do you mean by that?

Yes you can but reviews provided during the time the product was free will be hidden after you turn it to a paid one . If someone has gotten it for free , then you turn it to paid , then they "decide" to review it , their review will be hidden as well.

Same goes for the rating , for instance , if you get a lot of downloads on the free version and you rank high then switch to paid , the downloads don't mean much in the rating of a paid version.

You probably don't want to break the rule of "basic" and "premium" versions here so you could also launch the fully superior version , launch the "free" one as a cloud compiled free version and link it to the overview of the paid one . You will lose the "wind" that the freebie gets from the freeloaders of the site though 

Gerard Willia G J B M Dinh Sy: The reason is this. I have some code that I put into the codebase. But maybe for some traders, definitely not developers, it would be simpler to download ex5 in the marketplace and not have to deal with anything like saving to the right directory, compiling, etc.

I currently also have several of my CodeBase publications available in the Market for free and do not intend to make them paid.

There is only one exception to this, and that is because one of my Market product is an upgraded version of what I made available in the CodeBase publication.

Gerard Willia G J B M Dinh Sy: Besides this question, I'm wondering if I could create a codebase link to the marketplace without breaking a rule?
I asked the same question several months ago, and admin instructed that it is against the rules — there can be no CodeBase links to the Market, even if it is free.

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Yes you can but reviews provided during the time the product was free will be hidden after you turn it to a paid one . If someone has gotten it for free , then you turn it to paid , then they "decide" to review it , their review will be hidden as well.

Same goes for the rating , for instance , if you get a lot of downloads on the free version and you rank high then switch to paid , the downloads don't mean much in the rating of a paid version.

You probably don't want to break the rule of "basic" and "premium" versions here so you could also launch the fully superior version , launch the "free" one as a cloud compiled free version and link it to the overview of the paid one . You will lose the "wind" that the freebie gets from the freeloaders of the site though 

Ok, thank you for these interesting comments.

Even if it is possible, in the end it is better not to do it so as not to lose user ratings.

And "yes", I don't want to break any rules of this site

Fernando Carreiro #:
I asked the same question several months ago, and admin instructed that it is against the rules — there can be no CodeBase links to the Market, even if it is free.

Good morning.

And the other way around?

Can I make a marketplace link to codebase?

Gerard Willia G J B M Dinh Sy #: And the other way around? Can I make a marketplace link to codebase?
Probably yes, but I am unsure because It is unclear in the rules, so I decided not to do it myself. Maybe you can ask via the Service Desk.

Gerard Willia G J B M Dinh Sy #:

Hi
What do you mean by that?

A code cannot be moved from Codebase to the Market, but it can be uploaded afresh in the Market as a free or paid product.