Strategy optimiser running extremely slow

Hi all.

I've had an EA developed which uses two time frames, ie a higher time frame requiring conditions be met, and a lower timeframe for execution.

The strategy tester, and even backtest is running extremely slow - 131 of 1280, in 9 hours - with the full test taking 89 hours. Even when running the cloud agents it is running slow - 46 results for $40. 

Does this sound normal, or could it be a code issue - and if it's the latter, what should I look for/do about it. 

I cannot code myself someone else had done this for me.

Thanks

Your topic has been moved to the section: Expert Advisors and Automated Trading
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

emilsingh: I've had an EA developed which uses two time frames, ie a higher time frame requiring conditions be met, and a lower timeframe for execution. The strategy tester, and even backtest is running extremely slow - 131 of 1280, in 9 hours - with the full test taking 89 hours. Even when running the cloud agents it is running slow - 46 results for $40. Does this sound normal, or could it be a code issue - and if it's the latter, what should I look for/do about it. I cannot code myself someone else had done this for me.

It's a code issue. Your code is highly inefficient. It needs to be analysed and improved, but since you cannot code yourself, that is as much as can be stated.