MT5 platform does not remember Account credentials when computer is restarted

Good aftenoon, I do have four MT5 platforms working in four real accounts of the [name redacted] broker.

The platforms normally work fine, but from last 4 weeks, every time I restart the VPS, I have to introduce again the account details of all of them.

I also use EAs in these accounts. During these last 4 weeks I also had to reinstall all EAs in the different MT5 platforms at least twice.

Be sure that the "Remember Password" tick is always ticked in all of the MT5 platforms.

Could you please check and let me know if anything in the platform has changed and if I have to do something else so that the platform remember all data, as it did for the last 3 years until last 4 weeks, please?

Best regards,

Sergio

I'm assuming you are using a 3rd party VPS and not the MetaQuotes VPS service.

So, once you set the password, I suggest you manually exit the MetaTrader terminal (so that it flushes its files to disk) and start it up again.

I suspect that that when your VPS restarts, it is forcing the applications to shutdown uncontrollably and not allowing them to flush their file caches correctly. This may be affecting your log files too.

Hello Fernando, thanks for the comment.

As you mention, I am using a different VPS Service.

Now, I restart manually the VPS every Sunday (it has not restarted spontaneously in last 3 months). And before restarting it, I take a moment to close manually all the MT5 applications, check for Windows updates and run the antivirus.

Then, after everything is properly closed, I proceed to restart the VPS.

Any idea of what can be happening??

lostsergio #: As you mention, I am using a different VPS Service. Now, I restart manually the VPS every Sunday (it has not restarted spontaneously in last 3 months). And before restarting it, I take a moment to close manually all the MT5 applications, check for Windows updates and run the antivirus. Then, after everything is properly closed, I proceed to restart the VPS. Any idea of what can be happening??

I can only speculate with some possibilities ...

• The "Config\accounts.dat" file may be damaged or corrupted. Experiment my deleting the file and recreating the trade account login credentials.
  • The file or directory may be set to read-only or have other permissions which are preventing the application from updating the file.