Prevent error messages in expert log?

Hello,

I have some programs that use ObjectFind() or ObjectDelete() and when the object does not exist it writes many lines of errors to the expert log.

I would like to turn off this logging or be able to test if an object exists without "does not exist" messages being written to the expert log.

Thank you for your help,

ObjectFind function does not output to the log

ObjectFind function does not output to the log

Using ObjectFind() my Experts log says:

object  name passed to ObjectFind function is missing in the objects list

So, in my expert log, ObjectFind does output to the log.

Do you have any other suggestions please?

Thank you.

Write your own log with file functions

Dear Slawa,

You do not understand.

My desire is NO LOG ENTRIES when an object is not found.

The problem is that if the program tries to delete an object that does not exist it always writes to the log.

You said that ObjectFind() does not write to the log, but ObjectFind() does write to the log.

How can I test if an object exists without causing error to write to the log. I don't want the log entries.

Thank you,

Dear Slawa,

You do not understand.

My desire is NO LOG ENTRIES when an object is not found.

The problem is that if the program tries to delete an object that does not exist it always writes to the log.

You said that ObjectFind() does not write to the log, but ObjectFind() does write to the log.

How can I test if an object exists without causing error to write to the log. I don't want the log entries.

Thank you,

I have fond this also annoying.
It appears that the function ObjectFind() does not work as is should.

This message output when name is really missing. Ie object name is not initialized string or zero string

This message output when name is really missing. Ie object name is not initialized string or zero string

Thank you very much, I will test this.

I think a very powerful feature to add would be a function like ObjectsDeleteAll() with an optional name skeleton like:

ObjectsDeleteAllLike("MyLines*")

and that would delete every object name starting with "MyLines" and would delete:

MyLines01
MyLines02
MyLines03
MyLines04

etc.

Just an idea.

Thank you very much for your help!