Indicator causing MT5 & PC to not respond

On another PC a particular indicator I have works fine. But on my PC the indicator causes my MT5 & PC to not respond. I’m trying to figure out the solution if someone could help me

1. File -> Open Data Folder -> Logs

2. File -> Open Data Folder -> MQL5 -> Logs

Check the size of the logs here, and if they are 100+ mb delete them. Some indicator you had might have been writing unnecessary prints causing the file to keep building up in size.

Isaiahik46:
On another PC a particular indicator I have works fine. But on my PC the indicator causes my MT5 & PC to not respond. I’m trying to figure out the solution if someone could help me

I had a similar problem with an indicator that I got from codebase. After some period of time MT5 and Windows would grind to a halt. After debugging the indicator, I discovered that it used ArrayResize() on every loop but it never checked for errors. At some point it used up all memory locking up the system. It didn't actually crash the computer, but it would take many minutes for MT5 to exit and return resources to Windows.

• If you have the src of the indicator, check functions that assign resources for memory leaks (see above).
  • If it is not your indicator, report the issue to the author.
  • Does the PC that works ok have more memory/storage than that other machine? Make sure that there is sufficient storage on the problem machine.