Orders disappearing!

Hello all!
A novice MT5 user here. In the past few days I've noticed some weird behavior in Metatrader when I've placed my orders. For some unknown reason, some of my orders (which have been successfully executed according to the journal) just simply disappear. Initially, I though this was due to the expiration date and time, but that turned out to be wrong because I literally witnessed the whole thing happen before me. Basically, the current price of the symbol (in this example it was both EURUSD and USDACAD) reached the my order price (sell limit or buy limit, no difference), the order dashed line on the chart disappeared (meaning it was activated), then the price went up and hit the tp dashed line and the order was done. However, during all these actions, literally no logs were created in the journal or the history or anywhere else for that matter. The order just vanished! I checked the journal. There are logs indicating a successful placing of the order, but there is absolutely nothing pointing to the result of the order. sadly I couldn't take a snapshot of the whole thing, but I can share a screenshot of the journal if it helps. Does anyone know the reason behind this behavior?!

Few days ago my customer told me that my EA working wrong. He saw the difference in orders count in EA panel and in the orders history. Some orders have been disappeared randomly. We started investigation. The broker said that he never deleted orders history. But EA logs shows us that broker lied. The customer changed the broker finally and now everything is working fine.

Temp Count:
Hello all!
A novice MT5 user here. In the past few days I've noticed some weird behavior in Metatrader when I've placed my orders. For some unknown reason, some of my orders (which have been successfully executed according to the journal) just simply disappear. Initially, I though this was due to the expiration date and time, but that turned out to be wrong because I literally witnessed the whole thing happen before me. Basically, the current price of the symbol (in this example it was both EURUSD and USDACAD) reached the my order price (sell limit or buy limit, no difference), the order dashed line on the chart disappeared (meaning it was activated), then the price went up and hit the tp dashed line and the order was done. However, during all these actions, literally no logs were created in the journal or the history or anywhere else for that matter. The order just vanished! I checked the journal. There are logs indicating a successful placing of the order, but there is absolutely nothing pointing to the result of the order. sadly I couldn't take a snapshot of the whole thing, but I can share a screenshot of the journal if it helps. Does anyone know the reason behind this behavior?!

You should study the journal tab logs closely for possible errors.

This could be because of "Not enough money" to execute your lot size.

Yashar Seyyedin #:

You should study the journal tab logs closely for possible errors.

This could be because of "Not enough money" to execute your lot size.

agreed. The thing is, nothing unusual has happened in logs, there are no errors. It's just three logs related to accepting the order and then nothing. The image below might help you. 

In fat both these orders vanished LOL! and there are no logs after this. 

Mikhail Zhitnev #:
Few days ago my customer told me that my EA working wrong. He saw the difference in orders count in EA panel and in the orders history. Some orders have been disappeared randomly. We started investigation. The broker said that he never deleted orders history. But EA logs shows us that broker lied. The customer changed the broker finally and now everything is working fine.
hmm...interesting! Can I ask what broker you were using previously?

Temp Count #:

agreed. The thing is, nothing unusual has happened in logs, there are no errors. It's just three logs related to accepting the order and then nothing. The image below might help you. 

In fat both these orders vanished LOL! and there are no logs after this. 

pending order accepted? fine.

You should get a triggered message in log.

like this:

Yashar Seyyedin #:

pending order accepted? fine.

You should get a triggered message in log.

like this:

That's the problem, there are no logs for activated order to begin with, let alone tp or sl being triggered. Also, I just tested another order on EURUSD a few moments ago, same thing happened. Market reached my order price, then tp and then the order vanished! as you can see, there are no logs!

Temp Count #:
That's the problem, there are no logs for activated order to begin with, let alone tp or sl being triggered. Also, I just tested another order on EURUSD a few moments ago, same thing happened. Market reached my order price, then tp and then the order vanished! as you can see, there are no logs!

This happened for me only for "Not enough money" reason. Your case I cannot understand.

Temp Count #:
hmm...interesting! Can I ask what broker you were using previously?
I wrote you privately, coz we can not discuss actual brokers here, just a general information 

Temp Count #:

You can check this part of the documentation -
https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/trading/performing_deals#pending

and this options in MT5 during the placing the pending order:

If it does not help so ask your broker for support.

Executing Trades - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The trading activity in the platform implies forming and sending market and pending orders to be executed by a broker, as well as managing current...

l see your stop loss and take profit are too close. Choose a bigger TP and SL and try again.