I just lost over 900 USD because of Delayed order execution - how to avoid this ??

HI there - My EA had about 30 open Buy trades EURUSD trading on 15 min timeframe - so when the price went up into profit at the start of the next 15min candle, 

the EA triggered a Close trade command to all of these to close, but , for some reason - I DO NOT KNOW WHY - the trades only closed very slowly, 

In fact they took the full next 15 minutes to close as well as the next 15 m candle as well !

Unfortunately, these next 2 candles were red candles and so the price closed was now losses, not profit ! :(

All in all, when all the trades closed, I was 900 in LOSS not 100 in Profit.

This is the first time this has ever happened, and I need to understand why ? Who is to blame ? My VPS ? or my broker?

I have a very fast internet connection with 2mSec ping times, so its not my local signal that is at fault.

Anyone here had the same problem ?

Rod 

This is usually a broker issue and it is common with retail brokers around high impact news.

The only solution is to avoid opening or closing trades on high volatility times, your final outcome will rarely be the expected one.

1. RodneyB: My EA had about 30 open Buy trades EURUSD

Martingale is not a strategy. It's a betting system.

Hedging, grid trading, same as Martingale.
              Martingale, Hedging and Grid : MHG - General - MQL5 programming forum (2016)

Martingale, guaranteed to blow your account eventually. If your strategy is not profitable without, it is definitely not profitable with.
              Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions) - MQL5 programming forum (2015)

Why it won't work:
              Calculate Loss from Lot Pips - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
              THIS Trading Strategy is a LIE... I took 100,000 TRADES with the Martingale Strategy - YouTube (2020)

2. RodneyB: I DO NOT KNOW WHY - the trades only closed very slowly, 

The microseconds the EA takes is irrelevant, compared to the 20-200 milliseconds the network takes, which is irrelevant compared to the minutes to do a trade because of the servers during news.

William Roeder #:
  1. Martingale is not a strategy. It's a betting system.

Hedging, grid trading, same as Martingale.
              Martingale, Hedging and Grid : MHG - General - MQL5 programming forum (2016)

Martingale, guaranteed to blow your account eventually. If your strategy is not profitable without, it is definitely not profitable with.
              Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions) - MQL5 programming forum (2015)

Why it won't work:
              Calculate Loss from Lot Pips - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
              THIS Trading Strategy is a LIE... I took 100,000 TRADES with the Martingale Strategy - YouTube (2020)

2. The microseconds the EA takes is irrelevant, compared to the 20-200 milliseconds the network takes, which is irrelevant compared to the minutes to do a trade because of the servers during news.

Thanks William, I do take note of your help.

I am not doing Martingdale, but its almost like a Grid method , so I will read your referenced articles :)

RodneyB:

HI there - My EA had about 30 open Buy trades EURUSD trading on 15 min timeframe - so when the price went up into profit at the start of the next 15min candle, 

the EA triggered a Close trade command to all of these to close, but , for some reason - I DO NOT KNOW WHY - the trades only closed very slowly, 

In fact they took the full next 15 minutes to close as well as the next 15 m candle as well !

Unfortunately, these next 2 candles were red candles and so the price closed was now losses, not profit ! :(

All in all, when all the trades closed, I was 900 in LOSS not 100 in Profit.

This is the first time this has ever happened, and I need to understand why ? Who is to blame ? My VPS ? or my broker?

I have a very fast internet connection with 2mSec ping times, so its not my local signal that is at fault.

Anyone here had the same problem ?

Rod 

It's hard to answer. It could be several things, a broker issue, a connection or VPS issue, or a coding or MT5 issue, or a combination of them.

You need to post the log file (Experts AND Journal) for analysis.

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off-topic posts".