Migrate/assign a trading signal account to a different broker

Hello,

I'd like to know if it is possible for a signal provider to migrate a trading signal account to a different broker.
More precisely, I'd like to know if it is (somehow) possible to recover all the trading history of a signal account, to be used with a different broker.

It won't be pleasant to "kill" a whole signal account and start it from scratch only for switching brokers.

Thanks in advance!

pb.lopez:
Hello,

I'd like to know if it is possible for a signal provider to migrate a trading signal account to a different broker.
More precisely, I'd like to know if it is (somehow) possible to recover all the trading history of a signal account, to be used with a different broker.

It won't be pleasant to "kill" a whole signal account and start it from scratch only for switching brokers.

Thanks in advance!

This is not possible.

It's like asking if you could transfer the trading history of a trading account to another newly opened trading account, not possible.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

This is not possible.

It's like asking if you could transfer the trading history of a trading account to another newly opened trading account, not possible.

Hi Eleni,

Thanks for your reply.

What is the alternative then? To stay hostage of a broker indefinitely or start a strategy with years from the scratch?

What about assigning a trading account with zero balance and no open positions to a different broker?
What would be the inconvenience in such a case? I can hardly see any.

I start wondering if, after all, a strategy is a broker's or a trader's "property".

pb.lopez #:

Hi Eleni,

Thanks for your reply.

What is the alternative then? To stay hostage of a broker indefinitely or start a strategy with years from the scratch?

What about assigning a trading account with zero balance and no open positions to a different broker?
What would be the inconvenience in such a case? I can hardly see any.

I start wondering if, after all, a strategy is a broker's or a trader's "property".

These are all not possible, you should start with a fresh account.

This is why it's very important to use a reputable and well-known broker when you are planning to publish your account as a signal.

You should read my article about signals.

This seems very basic to me. I can only assume that it is not possible because it is not convenient to implement.

This is why it's very important to use a reputable and well-known broker when you are planning to publish your account as a signal.

I am aware of this, however, unfortunately, I am also aware that "reputable" and well-known brokers are also able to misbehave and finish trading agreements at their own convenience without providing any justification, as well as  changing trading conditions, etc., no mater how "reputable" you think they are.

In short, there might be many reasons for a trader to switch brokers, meaning that, a trading account should never be depending on any of these.

This is clear to me as well as from the point of view of any trader, I believe.