Minimum size for open trade how to detect?

Hi  how is possible detect a minimum  size for open a trade ?, i know depend of the broker and i suppose  also of wallet balance  margin e much more ?? , i suppose that this problem with this one line code  minLotSize = MarketInfo(_Symbol, MODE_MINLOT); is possible resolve  but unfortunately no  because  when i  try to run it in brent  return me 0.01  but for trade it  i must use 1 lot. size exist a formula for calculate the minum size request for open a trade  ? thanks at all

Risk depends on your initial stop loss, lot size, and the value of the symbol. It does not depend on margin or leverage. No SL means you have infinite risk (on leveraged symbols). Never risk more than a small percentage of your trading funds, certainly less than 2% per trade, 6% total.

1. You place the stop where it needs to be — where the reason for the trade is no longer valid. E.g. trading a support bounce, the stop goes below the support. Then you compute your lot size.

2. AccountBalance * percent/100 = RISK = OrderLots * (|OrderOpenPrice - OrderStopLoss| * DeltaPerLot + CommissionPerLot) (Note OOP-OSL includes the spread, and DeltaPerLot is usually around $10/PIP, but it takes account of the exchange rates of the pair vs. your account currency.)

3. Do NOT use TickValue by itself - DeltaPerLot and verify that MODE_TICKVALUE is returning a value in your deposit currency, as promised by the documentation, or whether it is returning a value in the instrument's base currency.
              MODE_TICKVALUE is not reliable on non-fx instruments with many brokers - MQL4 programming forum (2017)
              Is there an universal solution for Tick value? - Currency Pairs - General - MQL5 programming forum (2018)
              Lot value calculation off by a factor of 100 - MQL5 programming forum (2019)

4. You must normalize lots properly and check against min and max.

5. You must also check Free Margin to avoid stop out

6. For MT5, see 'Money Fixed Risk' - MQL5 Code Base (2017)

Most pairs are worth about $10 per PIP. A $5 risk with a (very small) 5 PIP SL is $5/$10/5 or 0.1 Lots maximum.

I'm sorry, but perhaps you didn't understand the question, or I didn't understand the answer, or both :D. Let's assume you have a $1000 portfolio, and you are on FXOpen, for example. You don't have any open trades. You decide to open a trade on XBRUSD (Brent crude oil) with 0.01 lots, but you can't do that as the minimum you can open is 1 lot. (for Broker Fxopen)Is it possible to know, before opening a trade, what is the smallest lot size allowed for that instrument?

I'm sorry, but perhaps you didn't understand the answer. What part of min and max (№ 4) was not clear?

I apologize, but I can't quite understand what you are trying to fit in.you tell : You must normalize lots properly and check against min and max. , but Could you let me know what is the minimum lot size that the broker imposes for the instrument I want to trade?

faustf:

Hi  how is possible detect a minimum  size for open a trade ?, i know depend of the broker and i suppose  also of wallet balance  margin e much more ?? , i suppose that this problem with this one line code  minLotSize = MarketInfo(_Symbol, MODE_MINLOT); is possible resolve  but unfortunately no  because  when i  try to run it in brent  return me 0.01  but for trade it  i must use 1 lot. size exist a formula for calculate the minum size request for open a trade  ? thanks at all

Please show the result of printing this minimum lot for the brent symbol in the log.

faustf # but Could you let me know what is the minimum lot size that the broker imposes for the instrument I want to trade?
William Roeder #: You must normalize lots properly and check against min and max.

Do you see words with underlines? Those are links. They take you to more information.

You would know how, had you bothered to click on the provided link.