Which hardware specifications are important for faster back testing? - page 4

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Are you set on using a laptop ? I suppose a dextop is not convenient  

I can not go for desktop because of many reasons(one of them is convenience).
But your suggestions for specifications were pretty good as I have went through them, from all aspects.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
Hmm

Take a look at this company.

They have very good notebooks.

Hello Dominik
Thank you for your recommendation, I went through it:

For these specifications,
AMD Ryzen 7
RAM 32
SSD: 1

Framework laptop is this
It's AMD Ryzen proccessor is a bit better but the laptop is a bit more expensive in comparison to the new ThinkPad from Lenovo. The price is around 16% more expensive. Also ThinkPad has 3 years of guarantee in comparison to 1 year guarantee from Framework.(I know I do not want to pay for 1 year or 3 years, I want much more years :D, however I feel the guarantee period indicates how much is the company confident about what he has made)

Fix Consumer Electronics
Fix Consumer Electronics
  • frame.work
We know consumer electronics can be better for you and for the environment. Unlike most products, ours are open for you to repair and upgrade

HosseinKOGO #:

Hello Dominik
Thank you for your recommendation, I went through it:

For these specifications,
AMD Ryzen 7
RAM 32
SSD: 1

Framework laptop is this
It's AMD Ryzen proccessor is a bit better but the laptop is a bit more expensive in comparison to the new ThinkPad from Lenovo. The price is around 16% more expensive. Also ThinkPad has 3 years of guarantee in comparison to 1 year guarantee from Framework.(I know I do not want to pay for 1 year or 3 years, I want much more years :D, however I feel the guarantee period indicates how much is the company confident about what he has made)

It's up to you, I don't want to recommend anything over any other company.

One thing I really like about Framework, is their effort to environment, and the fact, you can upgrade your notebook with new hardware in the future. This makes it a long time player.

I am quite confident, framework is putting out good quality, as they are closely tied to a youtuber with an attitude towards customer friendliness.

Fixing and upgrading your notebook over the years is for sure more sustainable than a buy and throw away product.

Most company offered warranties will anyways turn around after 6 months, where you have to proof it's a defect, that needs to be covered by the company.

My experience has shown, usually hardware dies within the first 90 days or so after purchase or just runs (almost) forever. Only the cheap consumer grade stuff dies right after warranty ends.

I don't think this will be the case with framework, and if you do have trouble with frameworks support, you could go to LTT on YouTube and let them know about it, I am sure, it will be resolved in your favour. But it won't even get that far in the first place.

I myself have a 3500€ Notebook from Lenovo and after one month it looked like I had it already 2 years under heavy usage. I was not happy with it. And it wasn't built very well either. It's a Tablet, and the SSD, when used heavily gets hot, which shines through the display. I have a brighter spot on my screen where the SSD is behind.

EDIT: framework has 2 years limited warranty, which is the default for IT, isn't it?

Dominik Christian Egert #:

It's up to you, I don't want to recommend anything over any other company.

One thing I really like about Framework, is their effort to environment, and the fact, you can upgrade your notebook with new hardware in the future. This makes it a long time player.

I am quite confident, framework is putting out good quality, as they are closely tied to a youtuber with an attitude towards customer friendliness.

Fixing and upgrading your notebook over the years is for sure more sustainable than a buy and throw away product.

Most company offered warranties will anyways turn around after 6 months, where you have to proof it's a defect, that needs to be covered by the company.

My experience has shown, usually hardware dies within the first 90 days or so after purchase or just runs (almost) forever. Only the cheap consumer grade stuff dies right after warranty ends.

I don't think this will be the case with framework, and if you do have trouble with frameworks support, you could go to LTT on YouTube and let them know about it, I am sure, it will be resolved in your favour. But it won't even get that far in the first place.

I myself have a 3500€ Notebook from Lenovo and after one month it looked like I had it already 2 years under heavy usage. I was not happy with it. And it wasn't built very well either. It's a Tablet, and the SSD, when used heavily gets hot, which shines through the display. I have a brighter spot on my screen where the SSD is behind.

EDIT: framework has 2 years limited warranty, which is the default for IT, isn't it?

For me, it shows 1 year. This is the link.
The professional model.

Fix Consumer Electronics
Fix Consumer Electronics
  • frame.work
We know consumer electronics can be better for you and for the environment. Unlike most products, ours are open for you to repair and upgrade

HosseinKOGO #:

For me, it shows 1 year. This is the link.
The professional model.

On the link you provided it shows 2 years for me... Maybe jurisdiction.

Ping them and ask, maybe they'll offer you a deal...