Let's have some fun : How many (meaningful) coding experience do you have ?

• 3% (1)
  • 11% (4)
  • 11% (4)
  • 19% (7)
  • 5% (2)
  • 22% (8)
  • 19% (7)
  • 3% (1)
  • 0% (0)
  • 8% (3)
Total voters: 37

Don't hesitate to share your story if you like.

Personally I started in January 1986, more than 37 years ago.

MQL in 2011.

I've always wondered if I can call my experience in MQL a commercial development experience (in conversation with a recruiter)? When another technology will be learned by me.

Yes, I still only know MQL. But it's still programming experience. Or not quite?

Vladislav Boyko #:

I've always wondered if I can call my experience in MQL a commercial development experience (in conversation with a recruiter)? When another technology will be learned by me.

Yes, I still only know MQL. But it's still programming experience. Or not quite?

Of course, why not ?

Alain Verleyen #:
Of course, why not ?

Well, because it's not the same as the experience of C# when you get a job as a C# programmer (for example). But at the same time, this is not the same as a person who completed courses yesterday and did not program at all before that.

Alain Verleyen #:

Don't hesitate to share your story if you like.

I learned MQL when I was 15 because I really wanted to become rich trading forex😄😄😄

Thus, I discovered my interest in programming.

Vladislav Boyko #:

Well, because it's not the same as the experience of C# when you get a job as a C# programmer (for example). But at the same time, this is not the same as a person who completed courses yesterday and did not program at all before that.

I learned MQL when I was 15 because I really wanted to become rich trading forex😄😄😄

One limitation that comes to mind is usually MQL projects are solo projects...

In companies you will be part of a team.

My programming started in early 90s, with Basic and Pascal. I transitioned to VC++ 6.0 later that decade, and since then I've learned PHP5 onwards. But I always come back to C/C++.

On October 13. 2018 I crossed MQL for the first time. Since then I do it full time, between 8 and 14 hours a day, every day.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
One limitation that comes to mind is usually MQL projects are solo projects...

In companies you will be part of a team.
Being part of a team can be a good or a bad experience, I had both.

What are the rule of the poll , first time a person thought he was coding or first time they grasped most things ?

ow meaningfull , sorry . 

3-5 years 

I was working at a restaurant and the owner asked me if i could create their website . i said sure . 

It was like 200mb on the front end (bitmaps)

Vladislav Boyko #:

that's an interesting topic too , how did you find mql

Alain Verleyen:
  • More than 50 years.
  • Between 30 and 40 years.
  • Between 20 and 30 years.
  • Between 10 and 20 years.
  • Between 5 and 10 years.
  • Between 3 and 5 years.
  • Between 1 and 3 years,
  • Less than 1 year.
  • I started today you inspired me.
  • I am not a coder, please show me the results.

You forgot to include the range 40-50 years.