Connect failed [6]

I am getting the above error when trying to log in. Initially I thought the server is down, but I have been getting this for 3 days now. and I verified with a friend that he is able to connect.

Does anyone know any thing about this? I simply can't log in to even create a new account.

I have another machine which I installed MT4, and opened another account on that machine. It too was unable to log in. it's very strange.

Slawa, if you can help. the account in trouble is 215192

thanks

I have just got the same Error on myliveaccount really weird i have been able to logon all weekend till now :-( . my demo account with another broker working just fine..

Jannik

Hi all,

I am a bit desperate now. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything. I get "No Connection" on the bottom right hand corner.

I tried to open a new account, but I could not. When trying to ping the server, it fails.

It looks like my computer is just unable to connect to the server. I do not use proxy, and did not set any proxy settings.

Can anyone help me? Slawa?

I presume you've actually downloaded the very latest version and installed this ? Sounds like you got an old outdated version to me

Martin

How is that possible when my look up the help --> about, I see build 186?

Well these MetaQuotes guys actually release multiple versions of the same build - I don't know why they do it but they do.

I doubt it's the problem though if you're running v186. Have you tried installing it to a different location and try running from there ?

How is that possible when my look up the help --> about, I see build 186?

Forget about displaied build number!
Worry about corrupted files which you cannot see.
My debugging rule number one is: If the problem does not make sense it is created by me!
I would suggest that you do not trust anything which you personally believe is good. I would do the following:
(Please do not say I have done it! Do it again in this order!)
1) I would uninstall MetaTrader
2) I would manually delete entire directory C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4 and
3) I would open REGEDIT.EXE and remove following folders from registry.
MQLEditor4.File
MetaQuotes Software
MetaQuotes Software Corp
4) I would restart computer.
5) I would downloaded fresh files from MetaQuotes.
6) I would install MT4
During the installation you should be able to open new account, please use new name. If you will be able to open demo account you are connected to the server.