MT5 Crashes when opening (on MacBook)

hi everyone out there im having trouble with the MT5 on my MacBook Pro, my MT5 was not sending out sound signals any more so i deleted the app so i can get a fresh copy, 1st i deleted the "Program Files" then the app. After that i installed a new copy of MT5 and it doesn't wanna open. the 1st pic is the message i get after clicking on the app icon to open.  the 2nd pic is where i deleted the MetaTrader5 folder from. the 3rd pic shows the difference between MT4 & MT5 folders, after Program Files (x86) on MT4 there is a MetaTrader 4 folder where as on MT5 there is not. Please help

I do not have Mac so I can not practically help in this situation.
But I collected some replies of admins concerning Mac and Wine -

-----------------------

Question (end of May this year) -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New version of the MetaTrader 5 platform build 3660: Improvements and fixes

Andy , 2023.05.25 18:12

And tell me please - why, after the next update, did the sounds in MT5 disappear from the package for Mac OS?

Reply:

New version of the MetaTrader 5 platform build 3660: Improvements and fixes

Renat Fatkhullin , 2023.05.25 18:20

Wine often crashed on loading the sound subsystem.

When we make sure that this problem is definitely gone with Wine 7.7, we will turn the sound back on.

-----------------------

June this year:

After the update, the platform does not start.

MetaQuotes , 2023.06.09 23:10

On a Mac, remove the old Wine 6.0 installation and reinstall the new Wine 7.7 package

Link to the installer at the bottom of the page on the right.

M2 Mac MT5 Issue Running Paralells
M2 Mac MT5 Issue Running Paralells
  • www.mql5.com
Hi I recently purchased an M2 MBP - I was running parallels fine with an M1 Mac mini...

about Ventura -

After the update, the platform does not start.

Renat Fatkhullin , 2023.06.10 10:29

Now the official latest version of macOS Ventura is 13.4

We haven't tested beta version 14 yet

.. and finally -

Forum about trading, auto trading systems and testing trading strategies

Problem since the update!?

Alexei Petrov , 2023.06.23 13:53

Sounds have been temporarily disabled to prevent crashes in Wine. In the next version, they will be reactivated.

There is the discussion thread about this issue (Using MT5 on MacBook Pro 2020)

so you can make a post on the thread to ask some question related to MT5 on Mac for example.

Sound effects not working anymore since latest update (MT5) - I'm trying to solve a problem with MT5 sound effects on my desktop.
Sound effects not working anymore since latest update (MT5) - I'm trying to solve a problem with MT5 sound effects on my desktop.
  • www.mql5.com
(using mt5 on macbook pro 2020) some days ago, i got a notification that i should update mt5 to the latest version, after doing so, the sound on mt5 isn't working anymore (like when moving stop loss , switching between accounts, moving sl etc. My mt5 platform sound(indicator alert, switching between accounts, opening a trade, opening platform) on macbook air m1 is not working

Sergey Golubev #:

.. and finally -

good day Sergey and thank you for you replies and assistance. So I tried the first option you sent and it didnt do the trick and i read thru the other links. most guy there want to runs windows apps on a Mac
and that was not issue but I finally found why the MT5 didnt want to launch, so when deleting the app some of its files were store in the "Library" not "program files" and weren't being deleted. After deleting those 
files and installing MT5 again it repaired everything and the sound issue was also fixed.

Hello every mac user that will experience this problem, please try this solution hopefully it works ln your end as well.

1. Uninstall Metatrader5 
2. Empty trashbin
3. Go to ~Library/Application Support
4. Delete metatrader folders

5. REinstall metatrader 5

Mac version: Ventura 13.4.1