MT5 build 3815 crashing frequently

Hi,

After update my MT5 build 3815 is crashing frequently even when no charts are open. Please help.

Thanks,

Anu

Read this thread: How to report technical issues?
Besides, please note that build 3815 is the beta build.

How to report technical issues?
How to report technical issues?
  • www.mql5.com
To get good and efficient help you need to provide all the relevant technical informations about your context when using the application (MT5 deskt...

2023.07.03 12:33:28.370 Terminal XM Global MT5 x64 build 3815 started for XM Global Limited
2023.07.03 12:33:28.371 Terminal Windows 10 build 19045, 4 x Intel Core i7-6600U  @ 2.60GHz, AVX, 17 / 31 Gb memory, 141 / 493 Gb disk, UAC, GMT+5
2023.07.03 12:33:28.371 Terminal C:\Users\Anubhav\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\BB16F565FAAA6B23A20C26C49416FF05

Where can I see the crash logs to find what's causing the crash?

How to switch to latest release version if I'm on beta?

Where can I see the crash logs to find what's causing the crash?

It should be written in the Journal.

How to switch to latest release version if I'm on beta?

go to Download MetaTrader 5 link at the bottom of this page to install (and after installation - connect to your trading account).

anubhavmeena: After update my MT5 build 3815 is crashing frequently even when no charts are open. Please help.

Build 3815 a “beta” which might have bugs. The latest officially released build is 3802.

Unfortunately, it is not publicly disclosed that downloading MetaTrader from the MetaQuotes website, or connecting to their demo trade server, will cause it to update with “beta” builds.

To resolve the situation ...

1. Make a Backup of any important data files, especially MQL programs and their source code.
  2. Completely uninstall your current MetaTrader applications.
  3. Clean up any remnant directories (“%APPDATA%\MetaQuotes”).
  4. Download and install MetaTrader from a reputable broker.
  5. Only connect to broker provided trading accounts (be they demo or real).
Broker selection
Broker selection
  • www.mql5.com
MetaQuotes (MQ) is NOT a broker nor does it provide any financial, investment, brokerage, trading or data feed services, nor is it involved in any...

While I agree with Sergey and Fernando, Anubha has a point.  Even with Betas we should expect reasonable stability.  I am testing a large EA and the Strategy startup is a mess.  Last week I discovered that the tester is not reloading the latest recompilation.  Removal of Print statements did not show up.  Restarting the program did not work, restarting the computer did not either.  Finally ran a different EA in the tester and then reloaded the current EA and it works.  Not a great way to debug your work.  Now, I cannot reload my EA all.  I get "Waiting for Update" and the program hangs.  I checked the Task Manager which reports no unusual CPU activity for the Terminal.  In fact less that 1% indicating that the Terminal is not processing or even in a loop, just waiting for input.    The problem?  I don't know.  Yesterday morning I ran the EA and it worked.  Yesterday afternoon, I moved one function from one header to another to accommodate an indicator that uses the same calculations ass the EA and put the revised indicator onto the EA template.  I'm dead in the water until I find a workaround or we get an update.

I tried to load the production version by using the Help screen "Get the latest production version"  which should recognize the different revision numbers and download the corrrect code but it doesn't work.  Fernando's outline is the only way.  Fernando:  can I load the production version into a different directory name and achieve the same result?  I am using the /portable switch so I think the UserName/App data should not matter.  I could also create a new user name to completely bypass the problem.

Finally, is there a common topic that we can use to post potential errors and suggestions for improvements that the Metaquotes staff will monitor?

P.S.  I found the problem.  I had made a template for the EA containing 2 indicators with the same name and the older version had a 6 in the name, was the first in the template and resided in a different directory.  After running a few tests, it seems the Strategy Tester in Visualize mode cannot accommodate more than one indicator on a template without regards to their naming conventions or directory location.  I hope Metaquotes  reads this comment and schedules its correction sometime soon.

Even downloading MT5 from https://www.metatrader5.com/ installs the 3815 build. How do I get build 3802?
MetaTrader 5 Trading Platform for Forex, Stocks, Futures
  • www.metatrader5.com
MetaTrader 5 is a free application for traders allowing to perform technical analysis and trading operations in the Forex and exchange markets.

anubhavmeena #:
Even downloading MT5 from https://www.metatrader5.com/ installs the 3815 build. How do I get build 3802?
Do not connect to MetaQuotes-Demo account (open demo account with the broker and connect installed MT5 to this account, and not to MetaQuotes-Demo on the first time).