OrderMagicNumber

I was wondering if anyone can help me explaining the purpose and how to use OrderMagicNumber.

I take a look at the example Moving Average Expert Advisor; and could not understand it.

I think it's to differentiate one order from another. and I do have in mind running the same EA and attach it to different symbols. Or the same EA for different periodicity of the same symbol. CAn OrderMagicNumber help me?

thanks

I think it's to differentiate one order from another

You got it.

How do you use it? Why do we need to use the Magic Number if we can just use the ticket number?

I am sorry, but I am still confused. If this is a unique number, the ticket number is also unique, right?

can you give me a practical example?

Thanks

How do you use it? Why do we need to use the Magic Number if we can just use the ticket number?

I am sorry, but I am still confused. If this is a unique number, the ticket number is also unique, right?

can you give me a practical example?

Thanks

I suggest that you do search this site for "magic number" and read many posts on this subject.

Good idea! thanks. I typed in "OrderMagicNumber" and did not give me a whole lot. Thanks Sub. I should have paid more attention on "internet searching 101".

thank you!

Good idea! thanks. I typed in "OrderMagicNumber" and did not give me a whole lot. Thanks Sub. I should have paid more attention on "internet searching 101".

thank you!

I have no idea why did you used "OrderMagicNumber" instead of just "magic number"?
Try this one: "How can I trade Several Accounts or Several Crosses?"