Sound effects not working anymore since latest update (MT5) - page 2

ba4 hagen #:

me too its the macOS i just updated mine to ventura the same problem after meta made me update i don't hear sounds 

about Ventura -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

After the update, the platform does not start.

Renat Fatkhullin , 2023.06.10 10:29

Now the official latest version of macOS Ventura is 13.4

We haven't tested beta version 14 yet

yes it is still not working pls help

ba4 hagen # : yes it is still not working pls help

Forum about trading, auto trading systems and testing trading strategies

Problem since the update!?

Alexei Petrov , 2023.06.23 13:53

Sounds have been temporarily disabled to prevent crashes in Wine. In the next version, they will be reactivated.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It's absolutely ridiculous that they have turned off completely MT5 sound!

How are we supposed to use the platform now, indicators alert does not work!

Am I supposed to be stuck to my screen 24/7 and look for trading opportunities!

Also, I though something was wrong with my settings, I reinstalled MT5 twice and I used 2 activations of the indicator I bought on MQL5 market!

So, basically, I lost 2 activations and it was not even my fault and now nobody is giving me back those 2 activations!

I am so annoyed!

Sandra PJ #:

It's absolutely ridiculous that they have turned off completely MT5 sound!

How are we supposed to use the platform now, indicators alert does not work!

Am I supposed to be stuck to my screen 24/7 and look for trading opportunities!

Also, I though something was wrong with my settings, I reinstalled MT5 twice and I used 2 activations of the indicator I bought on MQL5 market!

So, basically, I lost 2 activations and it was not even my fault and now nobody is giving me back those 2 activations!

I am so annoyed!

We'll have to wait for an updated release. In the meantime, you can connect your phone to desktop MT5 by going to Tools > Options > Notifications and enter your MetaQuotesID.  You find this ID by going into the MT5 phone app > Settings > Chat and Messages - it's at the bottom.  From there, whatever price alert you set on the desktop, it'll ping your phone!

noksky #:
We'll have to wait for an updated release. In the meantime, you can connect your phone to desktop MT5 by going to Tools > Options > Notifications and enter your MetaQuotesID.  You find this ID by going into the MT5 phone app > Settings > Chat and Messages - it's at the bottom.  From there, whatever price alert you set on the desktop, it'll ping your phone!

Thank you so much for your reply.

I completely forgot that I can set alerts on my phone.

Thanks once again! Appreciate!

no fix for sound on macbook still?

if anyone finds a fix for the sound notifications please let me know

I accidentally removed a post believing it to be unrelated spam. My apologies!

Here is a copy of the post made by oneventou ...

cryptovik: no fix for sound on macbook still? if anyone finds a fix for the sound notifications please let me know
you can use an older version. https://shareyougo.com/geAp7YuA sound works until the first restart so you can't close the app. unbelievable that they released an update with the knowledge that there is no sound
oneventou
oneventou
  • www.mql5.com
Trader's profile

Hi all, I have the same problem, any indication when this will be resolved?

It is going back longer than a month?

Fernando Carreiro #:

Thanks, so when can we expect the next update?  Surely this is an important feature of the trading program and the it is just amazing that this is not a priority and resolved long ago?