Can't download EA

This is my first time on this site. I am trying to download a free EA and I am getting an error message on every one that I try. I have attached a screen shot of the problem.

Firstly, I click the download button

Then I click yes I have Metatrader 4

Then the error comes up saying "the file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app, or if one is already installed, create an association in the Default apps setting page".

I have tried to create an association according to the instructions I could find on the internet, but MT4 doesn't come up in the options.

Does anyone have a solution?

Files:

kim4dale:

This is my first time on this site. I am trying to download a free EA and I am getting an error message on every one that I try. I have attached a screen shot of the problem.

Then the error comes up saying "the file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app, or if one is already installed, create an association in the Default apps setting page".

I have tried to create an association according to the instructions I could find on the internet, but MT4 doesn't come up in the options.

Did you login to your MQL5 Account in your metatrader terminal?

Are you using a 32bit operating system?

kim4dale:

You should download/install the Market products directly from Metatrader.
Use the following procedure about how to install (it is for commercial products but it is same for free products except some commercial steps from example):

How to buy, install, test and use a MT4 Expert Advisor
How to buy, install, test and use a MT4 Expert Advisor
  • www.mql5.com
Here is a step by step guide for buying, installing, testing and using a Metatrader 4 Expert Advisor (Robot, Bot are whatever): 1...