WebSocket connection to 'msg2.mql5.com' failed

I've been trying to access my messages for communication regarding a job  I have posted. However whenever I click on the messages tab, I get the alert "WebSocket connection to 'msg2.mql5.com' failed"

That's not allowed.

3.7. You agree not to use the website www.mql5.com by any means other than through the interface that is provided by MetaQuotes Ltd on www.mql5.com or the MetaQuotes Software interface, unless You have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with MetaQuotes Ltd. You specifically agree not to access the website www.mql5.com through any automated means, including use of scripts, crawlers, or similar technologies.

Terms of Use of MQL5 community
Terms of Use of MQL5 community
  • www.mql5.com
Terms of Use of MQL5 community website and different traders services.

Alain Verleyen #:
That's not allowed.
I have a related question concerning point 3.9 of the Terms of Use.

Technically, this means, any copying of iE Error descriptions, usage of Calendar Events and displaying them on a chart would violate the terms of use?

I guess there are lots of other aspects to it, especially concerning the documentation, that would be covered by this paragraph, right?

And 3.7 leaves quite some vagueness in the concrete terms.

What exactly is an Interface, that is not clear defined, as an interface is technically also a web server port...

I do understand "automated means, including use of scripts, crawlers, or similar technologies" But isn't that contrary to the usage of iE a Calendar? I know, I would be using the API-Functions, but the content is the same, so a defined distinguishment is difficult.

How would I go forward with following? I build a library that uses Calendar functions to gather data, but because the API is slow on delivery, I grab the missing data from the website, accessing it directly through the provided REST-Interface. I do that in demand, so not crawling, I use MQLs provided software and interface, I coded it in mql5. I do not use DLLs.

Is that scenario now prohibited or within the terms of use?

Dominik Christian Egert #:
I have a related question concerning point 3.9 of the Terms of Use.

Technically, this means, any copying of iE Error descriptions, usage of Calendar Events and displaying them on a chart would violate the terms of use?

I guess there are lots of other aspects to it, especially concerning the documentation, that would be covered by this paragraph, right?

And 3.7 leaves quite some vagueness in the concrete terms.

What exactly is an Interface, that is not clear defined, as an interface is technically also a web server port...

I do understand "automated means, including use of scripts, crawlers, or similar technologies" But isn't that contrary to the usage of iE a Calendar? I know, I would be using the API-Functions, but the content is the same, so a defined distinguishment is difficult.

How would I go forward with following? I build a library that uses Calendar functions to gather data, but because the API is slow on delivery, I grab the missing data from the website, accessing it directly through the provided REST-Interface. I do that in demand, so not crawling, I use MQLs provided software and interface, I coded it in mql5. I do not use DLLs.

Is that scenario now prohibited or within the terms of use?

I can't answer in place of MetaQuotes. But I can give my opinion :

About the documentation it depends what you want to do with it, if it's for your codebase libraries I don't think there is a problem. If it's for a commercial use that's an other matter.

About the calendar, there is an API, accessing it by parsing the page is an other matter which in my opinion is not allowed. But here again all depends how you do it, and what you want to do with it. 

I would recommend you to ask MetaQuotes directly to avoid bad surprise.

Alain Verleyen #:

I can't answer in place of MetaQuotes. But I can give my opinion :

About the documentation it depends what you want to do with it, if it's for your codebase libraries I don't think there is a problem. If it's for a commercial use that's an other matter.

About the calendar, there is an API, accessing it by parsing the page is an other matter which in my opinion is not allowed. But here again all depends how you do it, and what you want to do with it. 

I would recommend you to ask MetaQuotes directly to avoid bad surprise.

Thank you for your response.

It is probably best to ask MQ directly about the calendar. They provide an interface to access the data directly over the webpage, granted, it's not documented, but it's an rest-api and can be easily used without scraping the webpage. Not even reverse engineering is required to use it.

That's why I asked about the term interface.

Concerning error description in commercial products, Market Products are part of the webpage mql5.com...

It is vague and unclear.

Also what about documents from codebase, that is also content and part of the webpage. If I publish code there under GPL, someone may use it as they like, but that would undermine the terms and conditions layed out by MQ....

All very difficult for me to grasp.

It's interesting because Gamers Nexus on YT just had a lawyer in an interview, doesn't match, but is somehow related...

Still, thank you for your thoughts

Dominik Christian Egert #:
Thank you for your response.

It is probably best to ask MQ directly about the calendar. They provide an interface to access the data directly over the webpage, granted, it's not documented, but it's an rest-api and can be easily used without scraping the webpage. Not even reverse engineering is required to use it.

That's why I asked about the term interface.

Concerning error description in commercial products, Market Products are part of the webpage mql5.com...

It is vague and unclear.

Also what about documents from codebase, that is also content and part of the webpage. If I publish code there under GPL, someone may use it as they like, but that would undermine the terms and conditions layed out by MQ....

All very difficult for me to grasp.

It's interesting because Gamers Nexus on YT just had a lawyer in an interview, doesn't match, but is somehow related...

Still, thank you for your thoughts

You are welcome.