MetaEditor Shared Projects

I dont even want to start analyzing the issues with the built-in SVN-client in MetaEditor. Just a short explanation why I come to the conclusion, it is inherently broken.

And I advise anyone, who would want to use it for shared colaboration on a project, to step back from using it.

Here is what happend:

- New Project created (Not only is this already difficult, as there is a difference in "Shared Project" and Project in Shared Storage)

- Added user to colaborate (User joined, and had trouble getting it to work)

- Joined User made a commit, and now had a Revision that wasnt on the server. - No way to roll back.

- Removed project, rejoined, after a few retries, got it to work. 

- Colaboration began. Two people working on same file, one commits, the other is unable to commit, cannot see the changes of the other.

- ME5 having tantrum about "being out of date", no way to fix this...

After figuring out, a project to be shared successfully, it needs to be created in "SHared Storage" using the context-menu of the folder "Shared Storage" in ME5, and NOT create a project in iE Experts and making it a "Shared Project" there, the above turned out to happen over and over again. - No way to fix this. 

We have successfully switched to TortoiseSVN, after figuring out, the USERNAME MUST BE LOWER-CASE, no matter what the login on the mql5.com website is. - Else login will simply fail... - Reprompting the password over and over again.

If a project (from iE Experts) is added to Shared Storage and another user joins, he will get a different version of what you see... - Who knows why.

So there seems to be a difference in Project added to Shared Storage and a Shared Project, this is not at all obvious. But still. after figuring this out, a simple commit of one person should not break the other persons repository. - It is made for ONE USER ONLY. - At least thats my conclusion so far.

Anyone have an Idea on how to use the built-in SVN-Client properly?

I also had a several bad experiences with it ... Reporting problems with MQL5 Storage

MetaQuotes did finally fix the issue for me, after some further discussions in private, but currently I no longer use it with customers.

The only Shared Project I am still maintaining is my CodeBase public share.

I simply can't trust it. It is too unstable.

Reporting problems with MQL5 Storage - I want to know if I have the problem with my MQ5 Storage, but I’ll be able to commit files for
Reporting problems with MQL5 Storage - I want to know if I have the problem with my MQ5 Storage, but I’ll be able to commit files for
  • www.mql5.com
Yet again, the mql5 storage fails. I had to delete that project folder on the mql5 storage and re-create it again, to resolve issue. Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies