help! What is Variable output that receives data from hst file?!

Hello. I tried to write the following code without using history file.

But there is a problem. I couldn't figure out what price value data[][1] returns.

I would be grateful if someone could tell me.

Source code removed by moderator because it is only useful for scammers and not for proper EA code development.

This is something that I have been struggling with for a long time and I could not figure it out :(

Thank you in advance for your help 🙏

Why are you reading data via the HST files, when MQL4 already provides you the proper functionality to read that date properly?

There is only one reason why anyone would want to read the HST file directly, and that is for "hacking" the back-test in the Strategy Tester and creating a "scam" EA.

Is that what you are trying to do?

We will not help you and any such "scams"!

Timeseries and Indicators Access - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com

I now see that this subject has already been discussed in another of your threads ... Using File Functions MQL4 instead of kernel32.dll

Yet, you continue to insist on this instead of using the proper functionality ... Timeseries and Indicators Access

Using File Functions MQL4 instead of kernel32.dll
Using File Functions MQL4 instead of kernel32.dll
  • www.mql5.com
Using File Functions MQL4 instead of kernel32.dll Hello everyone, how can you write the following code without using kernel32...

Please use the proper functionality ... Timeseries and Indicators Access

I will be deleting your source code samples because they are only useful for scammers and not for proper EA code development.

Please do some more research on the subject.

• docs.mql4.com

Fernando Carreiro #:

Please use the proper functionality ... Timeseries and Indicators Access

I will be deleting your source code samples because they are only useful for scammers and not for proper EA code development.

Please do some more research on the subject.

Hello sir, I think you did not understand the meaning of my question. I want to use history functions instead of reading HST file. But I was able to find out what value it receives from the HST file and stores it in the data[][1] variable. I just want to know what is the output value of data[][1] so that I can use historical functions like Colse[], High[], etc. instead. I don't think this request is unethical.

Alireza Saadatinia #: Hello sir, I think you did not understand the meaning of my question. I want to use history functions instead of reading HST file. But I was able to find out what value it receives from the HST file and stores it in the data[][1] variable. I just want to know what is the output value of data[][1] so that I can use historical functions like Colse[], High[], etc. instead. I don't think this request is unethical.

Reference the MetaTrader 4 help for information about the HST format ... MetaTrader 4 Help → Auto Trading → Strategy Testing → History Files in FXT Format

Also read the following forum thread ... .hst file format . . . Old and New (Jan 2014).

Don't access the HST files directly, instead use MQL4's time series functionality or the predefined variable arrays for OHLC data to access the Historical Rates Data provided by MetaTrader 4.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Reference the MetaTrader 4 help for information about the HST format ... MetaTrader 4 Help → Auto Trading → Strategy Testing → History Files in FXT Format

Also read the following forum thread ... .hst file format . . . Old and New (Jan 2014).

Don't access the HST files directly, instead use MQL4's time series functionality or the predefined variable arrays for OHLC data to access the Historical Rates Data provided by MetaTrader 4.

The value of data[][1] is of double type. The result should be High[], Low[], Open[] or Close[]. But none of these values. This has me confused.