Discussion of article "Take a few lessons from Prop Firms (Part 1) — An introduction" - page 3

Great work!👍

Hi Fernando,

I agree with all voices here..
I am just a new bye in this field and i wish to learn from  below what are the good rules. Reding your article Is like feeling your self in a good team. Thanks.

Olabiyi Daniel #: I am new to Trading and this article I can say is the best I've ever read about trading strategy and how the prop firms use the set rules to evaluate profitable trades.
Francisco Rayol #: Such a great article. I loved to read this. Congratulations, Fernando!
Vladislav Boyko #: Great work!👍
jossnet #:Hi Fernando, I agree with all voices here.. I am just a new bye in this field and i wish to learn from  below what are the good rules. Reding your article Is like feeling your self in a good team. Thanks.

Thank you! 🙏

Thank you so much this article is so helpful 👍

Hey! Nice article. But I have to disagree about grid trading and use of MT 4 or 5 platforms. The thing is most traders think they know enough to understand how to apply grid trading but they don't and only the 1% really know why. In my opinion MT4 is better than MT5 on the traders side of things. You will not see the reasons if you have not mastered your strategy with the implementations of semi-automated methods.

Xtreem #: Hey! Nice article. But I have to disagree about grid trading and use of MT 4 or 5 platforms. The thing is most traders think they know enough to understand how to apply grid trading but they don't and only the 1% really know why. In my opinion MT4 is better than MT5 on the traders side of things. You will not see the reasons if you have not mastered your strategy with the implementations of semi-automated methods.

It does not matter whether you agree or not—grid trading is simply not allowed by prop firms!

Do you see any experienced, consistent and successful traders using it? No!

Have you considered why? It is because they did the maths!

Prop Trading Firms offer many possibilities but watch out!

There are some old established ones, that are great but also some new ones, that aren't that good.

Some Prop Trading Firms have unbelievable high Spreads, Swaps, Slippage, bad order execution and not guaranteed payouts.

Do your research!

As a prop firm trader, this is an excellent article. I'm dying to know which one has a 12% absolute drawdown!

I might just add that given the nature of prop firms drawdown requirements, Recovery Factor and LR Correlation (which can be added as a custom OnTester() criteria) are probably the two most important metrics for maximizing your profitability while minimizing the likelihood of failing the challenge or blowing the live account.

Great article. Good job! Im just missing some compare table at the end of few companies you researched. 

Bartlomiej Gorski #: Great article. Good job! Im just missing some compare table at the end of few companies you researched. 

The article is not about "prop trading". It is about what lessons we can be learn from their rules.

Besides, providing a comparison list/table would be considered advertising which is against website rules.