Activation Issue

Hello,

I am a Windows 11 user, and I got malware on my computer that has disabled my firewall and taken control of my DNS. There was no other choice but to execute a system restore.

I reset my PC while keeping data, and then I turned on my MT platform, where I discovered a notification indicating that my purchased product was activated and reducing one activation from my total activations.

Email 

________

Market:
You have activated the product ____ 7 of 10 activations left. (See Rules, IV.10 and IV.11 https://www.mql5.com/en/market/rules )

********* is an Indicator for intraday trading. This Indicator is based on Trend Following strategy, also adopting the use of an histogram to

________

We can't even perform system restore?? Really?

Mohit Verma:

We can't even perform system restore?? Really?

We can the system restore but the activation will be lost.
Because activation is per hardware per software, and every critical Windows update is installing on computer as new Operation System (because of MetaQuotes) so some Windows update will lead to lose activation too (the Metaquotes has credited extra exctivation for everybody in case of big Windows update - it was in October last year for example). 

------------------

There are some information below:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Product activation crashes

Rashid Umarov , 2021.06.03 09:42

In the Windows operating system, different authorization methods provide different system configurations:

1. Authorization by a regular user

2. Authorization by the administrator

3. Authorization via remote access (even if one of the above two accounts is selected)

Therefore, each of these cases requires separate product activation, even if the Windows version has not changed and there has been no hardware update. Check how you log in.

Windows 10

MetaQuotes , 2020.12.26 21:49

To compensate for the inconvenience with reinstallations and relocations, at least 5 activations are initially given.

This is exactly a compensation backlog, and not 5 guaranteed devices under any conditions.

Added activations for purchased Market products following Windows 11 Version 22H2 Update release
Added activations for purchased Market products following Windows 11 Version 22H2 Update release
  • www.mql5.com
Microsoft has released a major update to the eleventh version of their operating system: Windows 11 2022 Update, version 22H2...

Hello Sergey,

Thank you for your prompt reply but this is incorrect because some individuals keep updating their computers, and we will soon have Windows 12. 

As of April 2023, Microsoft hasn’t yet officially announced Windows 12 or its release date, but Microsoft did leak a new Windows desktop interface that the company could be testing for Windows 12. The leak comes from the Microsoft Ignite keynote held on October 12, 2022.

If the Meta Quotes platform cannot recognize a system restore or upgrade, I propose that the minimum activation for all purchased items be 30 rather than 5, with this minimum activation taking into account future updates and major releases.

We spend 50 to 100 USD/EUR or more to buy an indicator or EA with 5 activations as minimum and then waste those activations on windows updates or system restoration. :( 

Please help us with a resolution.

Microsoft Ignite Day 1 Opening Keynote
Microsoft Ignite Day 1 Opening Keynote
  • www.youtube.com
Learn, connect, and explore at #MSIgnite! Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connect...

Mohit Verma #:

Hello Sergey,

Thank you for your prompt reply but this is incorrect because some individuals keep updating their computers, and we will soon have Windows 12. 

As of February 2023, Microsoft hasn’t yet officially announced Windows 12 or its release date, but Microsoft did leak a new Windows desktop interface that the company could be testing for Windows 12. The leak comes from the Microsoft Ignite keynote held on October 12, 2022.

If the Meta Quotes platform cannot recognize a system restore or upgrade, I propose that the minimum activation for all purchased items be 30 rather than 5, with this minimum activation taking into account future updates and major releases.

We spend 50 to 100 USD/EUR or more to buy an indicator or EA with 5 activations as minimum and then waste those activations on windows updates or system restoration. :( 

Please help us with a resolution.

I used forum search to provide the answer to you, for example -

EA suddenly broken

Rashid Umarov, 2019.05.27 19:08

Hello,

Each product has at least 5 activations that can be used in case of hardware failure, re-installation of OS, installation on a wrong PC. That is enough for a normal personal use.

In case there is a huge Windows update coming, we add an additional activation for all purchased products beforehand. We don't add activations personally - they are not provided, and it is not possible physically.

Example: Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) causes saved MetaTrader passwords to become invalid

And this is the other explanation from MQ:

Make sure that nothing flies after updating Windows 10!

Renat Fatkhullin , 2017.05.13 20:13

Here the question must be asked to Microsoft - why does Microsoft put every major update as a new OS. And Microsoft puts it as a new, just look at the residual Windows, old directories and a bunch of other garbage.

Some fanatic does it for them, killing licensing systems of tens of thousands of programs around the world. Yes, it certainly kills - no need to watch a special case of your computer.

Did you see the year? Some replies were name many many years ago ... seems you did not visit the forum for many years ...

As to 5 activations .. many sellers are proposing more than 5 activations ...

And I am buying the products as well (from time to time).
And do you know what is the one of the main criteria for me to buy the product? One of the main question (which I asked for myself) is the following:
who is the seller, how many years do I know him, and why he is very famous with his coding everywhere?

Because if the seller proposed 5 activations only, no one knows him (and no one knew him in past) ... and you are buying anyway ...
so strange.

About my personal experience -  I am posting it all the time on the forum during the many many years
(it is about Market products but it is same for the Signals and for Freelance as well) - it is not directly related to activation but it is related to the personal risk which some buyers are trying to be turned to some others:

Sergey Golubev, 2021.01.14 09:18

• If you bought the product from your friend or from your relative or from very active users on this forum so you can fix anything related with the sellers who are responsible about what they are selling (and because you both know each other for the long time).
  • But if you bought something from "anyone" just because you have a lot of money so - sorry:
    it is your risk, and this risk can not be turned to anyone else.

----------------

I am posting this suggestion all the time on the forum. It is related to the Signals, the Market, and to the Freelance as well - 

Sergey Golubev, 2020.01.16 06:35

There is one rule which some people follow:
subscribe to the signal or create an order in Freelance or purchase the product from the user/seller/coder/provider you know in person or you know by activity on the forum.

Because if you purchased something so I may ask:
"Do you know the seller in person, or you are familiar with him on this forum?"
If you say: "Not" so it will be very strange case for me ...

Just my optinion.

----------------

There are a lot of professional and honest users/coders on the forum, and some of them are very active on this forum helping to the other people and replying on the forum posts/requests.

Always choose the person you know in this forum (who is very active here), and you will have less problems with anything.

Just my opinion sorry (because I am not a coder, and I am using Freelance and Market as well).