wrong value for SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE - page 2

jossnet #:Hi fernando , I run the script and this is the result :

2023.03.31 13:58:04.000	TestTickValue (@CLE,H1)	Tick value of XAUUSD is 0.10000000 EUR

Ok, then it is confirmed that your broker is reporting the incorrect tick value in the account currency. It is reporting it in USD.

You need to discuss the issue with your broker to have it fixed, or find a more reputable broker.

EDIT: Also it seems to be a digit off, but could depend on the tick size or how many ounces is represented for XAUUSD.

Please try the following script for confirming the tick size ...

#property script_show_inputs

input string sSymbol = "XAUUSD";

void OnStart() {
   string sAccountCurrency = AccountInfoString( ACCOUNT_CURRENCY );
   double dbTickValue      = SymbolInfoDouble( sSymbol, SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE ),
          dbTickSize       = SymbolInfoDouble( sSymbol, SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_SIZE  );
   PrintFormat( "Tick value of %s is %.8f %s for %.8f tick size", sSymbol, dbTickValue, sAccountCurrency, dbTickSize );
};

I get the following ...

2023.03.31 13:05:49.106 TestCalc (EURUSD,H1)    Tick value of XAUUSD is 0.91961634 EUR for 0.01000000 tick size

I also get the following for a different broker, account type and different account currency ...

2023.03.31 13:08:21.379 TestCalc (EURUSD,H1)    Tick value of XAUUSD is 0.10000000 USD for 0.00100000 tick size

Hi fernando ,

these data you posted are  extactly what i got ... I confirm these.

jossnet #: Hi fernando , these data you posted are  extactly what i got ... I confirm these.

No, it is not! Look again carefully. One print is in EUR and the other in USD account currency.

You need to discuss the issue with your broker to have it fixed, or find a more reputable broker.

Hi Fernando ,these are the result :

2023.03.31 15:05:30.927 TestTickValue (@CLE,H1) Tick value of XAUUSD is 0.10000000 EUR for 0.01000000 tick size

jossnet #: Hi Fernando ,these are the result : 2023.03.31 15:05:30.927 TestTickValue (@CLE,H1) Tick value of XAUUSD is 0.10000000 EUR for 0.01000000 tick size

Your broker is reporting incorrect values. You need to discuss the issue with them to fix it (or use a more reputable broker).

thanks for your comments guys but i am far from a short solution.

1.I wrote to broker and wait for an answer.

2. SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_TICK_VALUE  seems that doesn't exist in MQL5 . At least if i wrote  -> double TickValue = SymbolInfoDouble(symbol, SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_TICK_VALUE ); i get error of unrecognize value

3. gently could someone give me a snippet of code ( a few lines ) of what  you mean or do when you say " the current EURUSD rates to convert from the USD to EUR value  " and make the conversion for my own ?

I appreciate.

jossnet #:

thanks for your comments guys but i am far from a short solution.

2. SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_TICK_VALUE  seems that doesn't exist in MQL5 . At least if i wrote  -> double TickValue = SymbolInfoDouble(symbol, SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_TICK_VALUE ); i get error of unrecognize value

3. gently could someone give me a snippet of code ( a few lines ) of what  you mean or do when you say " the current EURUSD rates to convert from the USD to EUR value  " and make the conversion for my own ?

I appreciate.

SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE

I don't know why the translator writes it with a double TICK.

jossnet #:thanks for your comments guys but i am far from a short solution.

I appreciate.

2. SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE does exist in both MQL5 and MQL4 and it works correctly on every single broker I have used on both MT5 and MT4. Your broker however, is one of the several exceptions.

3. By simply reading the current Bid/Ask price of EURUSD, which is also simply the ratio of EUR to USD, which use to convert the tick value in $ USD into € EUR.

EDIT: These links should help you understand ...

Hi fernando,

ok,  but i get a compiler error not an call error  i mean  this ->'SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_TICK_VALUE' - undeclared identifier XAUUSD_GPT4.mq5 148 48