Trendlines still a pain in the ....

MetaQuotes,

The trendlines in MT4 cause yet further pain.

I plot a master trendline and clone from this as a working set. The master I keep unmoved but visualised on a H4 chart with the working line used and moved on the H1 and then switched to a M5 chart for monitoring trade entry.

I've logged this as a bug several weeks ago as well as emailing the CEO of MQ - no response or acknowledgement from either. The issue is the working trendline does not keep the same angle as the master. I strictly endevour to move the line by the current ridiculous method of having to find the middle grab point and using the mouse and Shift key. I've been doing this for a great many months so this inane method is etched into my brain.

Can you PLEASE look at this trendline calculation problem as a matter of some urgency ?!?!?

[RANT ON] Change the current method of moving a trendline without having to use/find the middle grab point. It's annoying and frustrating.[RANT OFF]

Thanks hopefully for your help.
Martin

MetaQuotes,

The trendlines in MT4 cause yet further pain.

I plot a master trendline and clone from this as a working set. The master I keep unmoved but visualised on a H4 chart with the working line used and moved on the H1 and then switched to a M5 chart for monitoring trade entry.

I've logged this as a bug several weeks ago as well as emailing the CEO of MQ - no response or acknowledgement from either. The issue is the working trendline does not keep the same angle as the master.

Thanks a lot for the bug. We will correct undoubtedly, but unfortunatelly it will be later. For now you can do the following: after craetion of the channel, please, open the options of working trend (select second line, open its context menu and perform "Trend by Angle Properties" command, then choose the "Parameters" tab, "Angle in degrees" field) and if its angle is different, type to this field masters value. Thus, second line will have the same angle.

If i understood you well, and you use the SHIFT key to change the angle of the line, its wrong. To make the channel from 2 Trend by Angles, use the algorithm described above. If you just moving the line, you dont need to press SHIFT key, during this. You only need to move the trend by its middle point.

Lenar,

You're kidding, right. I thought of that idea long ago - have you actually tried the trendlines by angle ? I often have to squeeze a chart using the right hand column of the chart so that I can see more candle points. A trendline by angle does NOT change with the chart and remains the same. This is essentially useless by anyone's standards.

I'm also aware of being able to move the line by the middle point. The issue is simply that often you don't know what is the middle point of a trendline if it is not solely contained within the chart area i.e. if it's a long trendline and you are not absolutely sure it's a middle point, then your trendline angle/position is altered. Using the SHIFT key is a safeguard - if it's not the middle point, the SHIFT key will just make the trendline longer and not alter the angle.

I don't know about 'later' - trendlines have serious flaws, they don't retain a consistant angle for a number of different reasons, trendlines by angle aren't properly working and a simple thing like moving a trendline is an effort fraught with error.

Thanks for your comments, Lenar though I'd respectfully suggest you guys need to do some serious work to fix these issue sooner rather than later.

Martin

Lenar,

You're kidding, right. I thought of that idea long ago - have you actually tried the trendlines by angle ? I often have to squeeze a chart using the right hand column of the chart so that I can see more candle points. A trendline by angle does NOT change with the chart and remains the same. This is essentially useless by anyone's standards.

Trend by angle was designed so to be a trend with determened angle always.

I'm also aware of being able to move the line by the middle point. The issue is simply that often you don't know what is the middle point of a trendline if it is not solely contained within the chart area i.e. if it's a long trendline and you are not absolutely sure it's a middle point, then your trendline angle/position is altered. Using the SHIFT key is a safeguard - if it's not the middle point, the SHIFT key will just make the trendline longer and not alter the angle.

Understood.

I don't know about 'later' - trendlines have serious flaws, they don't retain a consistant angle for a number of different reasons, trendlines by angle aren't properly working and a simple thing like moving a trendline is an effort fraught with error.

Thanks for your comments, Lenar though I'd respectfully suggest you guys need to do some serious work to fix these issue sooner rather than later.

Martin

we will correct the Trend by Angle soon, Martin. Once again, thanks a lot.