VPS - page 2

H0tChocolate #:

My mate is with the same EightCapEU-Live broker and live down the block from me but he is getting 2.5 ms. We are both using the same prop fund as well. Maybe there is an issue with the VPS I repurchased?

Then contact the Service Desk in case they know something I don't know.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Then contact the Service Desk in case they know something I don't know.

Had a chat with the service desk. I was told it's an issue with MQL/VPS and nothing they can do to assist hence why I am here asking for help as I'm confused what to do lol

H0tChocolate #:
Had a chat with the service desk. I was told it's an issue with MQL/VPS and nothing they can do to assist hence why I am here asking for help as I'm confused what to do lol

I don't see any tickets from you in Service Desk.

It looks like the problem might be on the broker side (their network configuration). Their demo server has normal pings from our VPS (like 2-3 ms), while the live server has slow connection (40+ ms). I recommend you to contact the broker and describe this situation.

My mate is with the same EightCapEU-Live broker and live down the block from me but he is getting 2.5 ms.

I'm sure they saw that on the demo server, not the live one. The VPS ping does not depend on who uses it, you or your mate.

Alexey Petrov #:

It looks like the problem might be on the broker side (their network configuration). Their demo server has normal pings from our VPS (like 2-3 ms), while the live server has slow connection (40+ ms). I recommend you to contact the broker and describe this situation.

I'm sure they saw that on the demo server, not the live one. The VPS ping does not depend on who uses it, you or your mate.
Apologies, I meant service desk with the prop fund. I should have explained myself better.

I assumed this was the service desk. Where can I find the link for MQL's service desk please? The prop fund is adamant that there is no issue from their end and it's something to do with the VPS itself. Not sure what I can do. I trade on M1 and M5 timeframes so the lag is super frustrating and I don't know where I go with getting a resolution

Alexey Petrov #:

Hi Alexey,

I've been told I need to select Tokyo as the VPS location but the drop down box isn't giving me any option. How can I find an option for Tokyo VPS or does MQL not have an option for Tokyo?

H0tChocolate #:
Hi Alexey,

I've been told I need to select Tokyo as the VPS location but the drop down box isn't giving me any option. How can I find an option for Tokyo VPS or does MQL not have an option for Tokyo?

As Alexey pointed out, there isn't a better option for the live server of your broker.