Dukascopy historical data for mt5? - page 2

sarahfoxwell #: I am confused ... So I am confused
  • If you import BOTH tick data and M1 data, then you can test on any time-frame with ALL modelling methods, including "Every tick based on real ticks".
  • If you ONLY import M1 data, then you CAN'T test with "Every tick based on real ticks", but you can test on any time-frame, with any other modelling method, except real tick data. 

Fernando Carreiro #:
  • If you import BOTH tick data and M1 data, then you can test on any time-frame with ALL modelling methods, including "Every tick based on real ticks".
  • If you ONLY import M1 data, then you CAN'T test with "Every tick based on real ticks", but you can test on any time-frame, with any other modelling method, except real tick data. 

right thanks for the clarification sorry about not being clear enough when I asked the question 

sarahfoxwell #: thanks for the clarification
You are welcome!

Can I jump in on this post - is Dukascopy tick data "more accurate" to use on MT5 than your broker tick data? Rephrased, is Tickstory/ Dukascopy tick data more representative of live feeds and hence live performance than less than complete but actual broker tick data?

Luke Monaghan #: Can I jump in on this post - is Dukascopy tick data "more accurate" to use on MT5 than your broker tick data? Rephrased, is Tickstory/ Dukascopy tick data more representative of live feeds and hence live performance than less than complete but actual broker tick data?

No! Your own brokers data is the most representative of that brokers trading conditions. That much is obvious, provided it is a regulated and reputable broker.

However, if you are looking to test your EA against many different environments to make sure it is robust enough to adapt, then you should test it against data from different brokers.