Coding Language - page 3

i read it somewhere.  what are / is the main difference between MT4 and MT5?  something about trading method?

sorry i forgot but remember reading it.  thanks for the code snippets.  a friend told me MT5 is not favored over MT4 but i cannot determine

if that is true based on what i know

rr

@rrb1002 #: i read it somewhere.  what are / is the main difference between MT4 and MT5?  something about trading method? sorry i forgot but remember reading it.  thanks for the code snippets.  a friend told me MT5 is not favored over MT4 but i cannot determine if that is true based on what i know

The two are similar but their trading functionality is completely different. The same applies to the MQL language. They are very similar and a lot of the functionality is somewhat compatible, but the trading functionality is different and not at all compatible.

MetaTrader 5 and MQL5 has been around for more than a decade. MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 has not been further developed for several years now (probably 6-8 years, I think) . Only critical updates are carried out sporadically.

ok.  pretty much going to start in MT5/MQL5.

thanks and hope i can ask a question or two along the way. I won't bug you too much. lol.

it is really appreciated!

RR

Lorentzos Roussos #:

You could also learn python , i mean , in case mql titanics

Why would mql "titanics" ?

Fernando Carreiro #:

Depends who you ask! I prefer C, then C++, than C#, in that order. And out of all the languages I have experimented with, Python is at the end of the list just before COBOL.

I do agree. Cobol is horrific.

Did you try APL ? It's funny language.

Alain Verleyen #:
Why would mql "titanics" ?

No way on earth they survive the decade with current trajectory (aversion to the future i call it)

If youz guys are bored try this language over the weekend 

<Deleted>

Lorentzos Roussos #:

No way on earth they survive the decade with current trajectory (aversion to the future i call it)

Ok...what do you mean "aversion for future" ?

Alain Verleyen #:

Ok...what do you mean "aversion for future" ?

"To the" , not "for the". For would imply that the aversion will help them survive.

Let me provide a relatable example .

What is the first thing you and Daniel do when you want to improve your utilities ? 

Alain Verleyen #:

I do agree. Cobol is horrific.

Did you try APL ? It's funny language.

I started on assembler then cobol 🤣

Paul Anscombe #:
I started on assembler then cobol 🤣
Yep 8086/8088 :-)