MQL5 Signals - Personal Telegram Trade Notification System

While putting together my mql5 signals portfolio I was thinking about what options I have regarding more advanced trade notifications than just the standard alerts.

My idea was to use a telegram EA to send all trading activity directly to a closed, personal channel so that I have a clean documentation about every action on the specific account.

After looking through some forum posts I noticed that Metaquotes has a rule (III. Use of the Signals Service: Rule 9) to not duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the content of the Signals Service, unless You I have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with MetaQuotes Ltd. 

It is not clear to me if that counts as duplicate, although it seems like it does. Does somebody know what the requirements are to get such an agreement or if this setup by notifying me about the trading activity through telegram breaks this rule? 

Thanks a lot

MQL5.com Signals Service Terms of Use Agreement
MQL5.com Signals Service Terms of Use Agreement
  • www.mql5.com
The Agreement on the use of the service MQL5 Trading Signals Online mql5.com

Noah Gusenbauer:

While putting together my mql5 signals portfolio I was thinking about what options I have regarding more advanced trade notifications than just the standard alerts.

My idea was to use a telegram EA to send all trading activity directly to a closed, personal channel so that I have a clean documentation about every action on the specific account.

After looking through some forum posts I noticed that Metaquotes has a rule (III. Use of the Signals Service: Rule 9) to not duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the content of the Signals Service, unless You I have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with MetaQuotes Ltd. 

It is not clear to me if that counts as duplicate, although it seems like it does. Does somebody know what the requirements are to get such an agreement or if this setup by notifying me about the trading activity through telegram breaks this rule? 

Thanks a lot

Hello . If you mean collecting the signals you copy , the channels on telegram can easily be public so they would count it as redistribution .

If you mean your own signals , that you are sending out then i don't think it counts .

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Hello . If you mean collecting the signals you copy , the channels on telegram can easily be public so they would count it as redistribution .

If you mean your own signals , that you are sending out then i don't think it counts .

Yeah, I thought so. Thanks for the answer. Do you know what the requirements are to get a special permission by metaquotes? I guess the provider would have to agree. 

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Do you think connecting my account on which the signals are executed with a monitoring provider like fxblue or myfxbook does also count as redistribution and would therefore violate that rule?

You want to gauge the performance of each signal on your accounts i gather .

Also , i don't think you can follow more than one signals in one account so why do you need to monitor it ? (unless you can and i'm wrong)

Does myfxbook have a private mode ? 

Lorentzos Roussos #:

You want to gauge the performance of each signal on your accounts i gather .

Also , i don't think you can follow more than one signals in one account so why do you need to monitor it ? (unless you can and i'm wrong)

Does myfxbook have a private mode ? 

I can't connect more than one signal with one trading account.

But let's say I have 10k on various trading accounts with my broker and I want to have a summarized overview of the overall performance. I could connect each trading account with fxblue and have a portfolio on fxblue where all the accounts are summarized so that I have detailed stats about everything besides from what I could do myself by exporting the trading history from each account.

FX Blue has an option where I can set a delay in the reporting so that you could not use the signals but that, I wouldn't really like. It's public for everyone who has the link. Myfxbook on the other hand does offer to set the reporting page to private.  

i guess I will have to contact the service desk to get a definitive answer regarding this because I wouldn't like to risk a ban if it really does violate the rules. 

Noah Gusenbauer #:

I can't connect more than one signal with one trading account.

But let's say I have 10k on various trading accounts with my broker and I want to have a summarized overview of the overall performance. I could connect each trading account with fxblue and have a portfolio on fxblue where all the accounts are summarized so that I have detailed stats about everything besides from what I could do myself by exporting the trading history from each account.

FX Blue has an option where I can set a delay in the reporting so that you could not use the signals but that, I wouldn't really like. It's public for everyone who has the link. Myfxbook on the other hand does offer to set the reporting page to private.  

i guess I will have to contact the service desk to get a definitive answer regarding this because I wouldn't like to risk a ban if it really does violate the rules. 

I understand . 

You could also have custom solutions and your own page if its for professional use and nobody would be able to access it unless you chose to . But i dont know if running on the native vps of mql helps with that  (i mean if you need to present a method of choosing signals or something) .

But then you'd lose the trust that FxBlue stats and myFXbook stats provide . (in that they are real)

A statistical summary of your signals here ,by mql5 , would be handy in that case . Like zulutrade's follower stats feature

Anyway , the desk will reveal the answer probably