MQL5 Compiler can't open Technical.mqh include file

Hello, I am fairly new to MQL5 and I'm working on my first small project and so for some very strange reason I've been trying to get my compiler to open the <Technical\Technical.mqh> include file but it just won't work no matter what I do. I've tried reinstalling MT5 several times already. My code has the SetIndexStyle and SetIndexArrow functions in it and the compiler gives me error codes whenever I try to call those functions.

These are all the include files I got at the top of my code. I did some research and found out that Technical.mqh is a standard include file so why can't I find it?

" #include <Indicators\Indicators.mqh>    
  #include <Technical\Technical.mqh>
  #include <Arrays\ArrayObj.mqh>
  #include <Trade\Trade.mqh> "

OOP in MQL5 by Example: Processing Warning and Error Codes
OOP in MQL5 by Example: Processing Warning and Error Codes
  • www.mql5.com
The article describes an example of creating a class for working with the trade server return codes and all the errors that occur during the MQL-program run. Read the article, and you will learn how to work with classes and objects in MQL5. At the same time, this is a convenient tool for handling errors; and you can further change this tool according to your specific needs.

laduif: Hello, I am fairly new to MQL5 and I'm working on my first small project and so for some very strange reason I've been trying to get my compiler to open the <Technical\Technical.mqh> include file but it just won't work no matter what I do. I've tried reinstalling MT5 several times already. My code has the SetIndexStyle and SetIndexArrow functions in it and the compiler gives me error codes whenever I try to call those functions. These are all the include files I got at the top of my code. I did some research and found out that Technical.mqh is a standard include file so why can't I find it?

Because there is no such file in the standard MQL5 setup — <Technical\Technical.mqh>

Did you even look at the file structure to see if it existed?

Where did you get the ideia to use that include file?

Also SetIndexStyle and SetIndexArrow are MQL4 functions, not MQL5.

Please don't tell me you used ChatGPT? Because if you did, we are going to get angry😠.

Is it not possible to use those functions in MQL5 then? am I supposed to include a different file or is there an equivalent function to SetIndexStyle in MQL5?

laduif #: Is it not possible to use those functions in MQL5 then? ... or is there an equivalent function to SetIndexStyle in MQL5?

No, they are are MQL4 function as I have already stated. They can't be used in MQL5.

You have to use the newer MQL5 equivalent function ... PlotIndexSetInteger with the ENUM_PLOT_PROPERTY_INTEGER property.

Documentation on MQL5: Custom Indicators / PlotIndexSetInteger
Documentation on MQL5: Custom Indicators / PlotIndexSetInteger
  • www.mql5.com
PlotIndexSetInteger - Custom Indicators - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

laduif #: am I supposed to include a different file

You did not answer my questions about the include file ...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MQL5 Compiler can't open Technical.mqh include file

Fernando Carreiro, 2023.02.20 01:41

Because there is no such file in the standard MQL5 setup — <Technical\Technical.mqh>

Did you even look at the file structure to see if it existed?

Where did you get the ideia to use that include file?

Fernando Carreiro #:

You did not answer my questions about the include file ...

He most likely got it from Chat GPT  it gives include files for MQL5 that don't exists haha

Christopher Hubert Gainsford #:He most likely got it from Chat GPT  it gives include files for MQL5 that don't exists haha

Yes, the is probably the case.