Code from chatgbt correction - page 2

Fernando Carreiro #: No it does not. 

Agreed. Using ChatGPT is like baby talk. You are not learning anything; worse, you have to unlearn the garbage.

Almotasim Billah Ahmed Sobhy Mohamed #: i see most of you are so  arrogant to help

There is no arrogance here. You don't want to learn, you want it to be given to you; how arrogant.

Stop using ChatGPT.
          Help needed to debug and fix an AI EA - Trading Systems - MQL5 programming forum #2 (2023)

Almotasim Billah Ahmed Sobhy Mohamed #:

i'm so sorry that i see most of you are so  arrogant to help when someone says that he got the code from chatgpt and keep  blames and make jokes and fun of the person 

Do you go to a hairdresser with the request, "A new program cut my hair, but it looks terrible - surely you can correct everything for me for free that it will look good?"

What would you answer if you own the barbershop and this is now already the 12th customer with this request because the new haircutting program with AI is just so terribly hip??

Carl Schreiber #: Do you go to a hairdresser with the request, "A new program cut my hair, but it looks terrible - surely you can correct everything for me for free that it will look good?" What would you answer if you own the barbershop and this is now already the 12th customer with this request because the new haircutting program with AI is just so terribly hip??
Excellent analogy! 👍

Scott Allen #:

Actually, you can copy the compiler errors back to ChatGPT and it will attempt to correct them. Most of the time, it does so eventually, though it may take several tries.

Unfortunately, ChatGPT won't really learn anything from it. It might at least not make the same mistake within the same session. Or it might.

But what y'all miss is that for those of us trying to learn MQL5, it actually helps a lot to see implementations of the concepts you're trying to code, even if it's imperfect, it's a starting point.

Also ChatGPT is actually pretty good at minor changes, e.g., "change the stop loss mechanism from PSAR to ATR", it will probably get right. And a heck of a lot faster than I can do at this point.

I'm not against ChatGPT, I consider it a tool that can help developers.

Unfortunately, for now, ChatGPT is still not able to generate any useful MQL code. That's probably because of the relatively small sample available for training, compared to other mainstream programming languages.

Problem I have with ChatGPT is that it now generates unusable garbage poorly patched from the publicly available code that is a mix of MQL4 and MQL5 and always syntactically wrong. It even copies copyright notes in comments.

People then come here and ask for help fixing those "programs".

When you tell them that it is way faster to throw away ChatGPT source  and search the Codebase for similar code (that is working) or to code the program from scratch, they become offended. 

Just read the above comment #10  - when you tell them the true about ChatGPT generated code, you are arrogant, unprofessional and unwilling to help.

Code from chatgbt correction - What you want to know about the stock market?
Code from chatgbt correction - What you want to know about the stock market?
  • www.mql5.com
I also asked it to us 200ema to determine the type of trades it can open. - general - mql5 programming forum (20 19 ) messages editor. Chatgpt (the worst ), ea builder, ea builder pro, eatree, etasoft forex generator, forex strategy builder, forexeadvisor (aka

i'm so sorry that i see most of you are so  arrogant to help when someone says that he got the code from chatgpt and keep  blames and make jokes and fun of the person 

i dont think it's a mistake or a shame to hide when some normal ppl whos not a programmer try to use the new technology to achieve something in coding , CHATGPT is a new tool everyone can use it for anything and it helps alot of peoples .

So when someone need help you should leave him , what a professional attitude   :) . it's all about money . Me also have some problem in coding but i'm searching online about the solution instead of asking here and see you do the same with me 

Hello, This forum is like a Shaolin temple of martial arts, people are here to welcome you with first kick and I agree it may be felt arrogant to some user, same when you learn martial art, but its happening for a reason - discipline which helps you become a great coder, it is advised to read rules of forum before posting anything otherwise those who have read rules will object this. however I suggest learn to not get offended and ignore the replies which is not meaningful to your post. If you really need help someone is always there to help you regardless what is your problem but your problem should be interesting and that will make you lucky to get answer here.

I used to ask question here too, Fernando Carreiro helped me with logics which made me think and now i can solve many problems and my questions have been reduced. Had he spoonfeed me code, I would be never be a programmer. 

i dont think it's a mistake or a shame to hide when some normal ppl whos not a programmer try to use the new technology to achieve something in coding , CHATGPT is a new tool everyone can use it for anything and it helps alot of peoples .

So when someone need help you should leave him , what a professional attitude   :) . it's all about money . Me also have some problem in coding but i'm searching online about the solution instead of asking here and see you do the same with me 

Thank you for your perspective. You have a good heart. I actually came across this because I am looking for help to correct my code. I used an AI tool (not chatgpt) to create the mql5 code for push notifications to my mobile whenever the TDI indicator's Market Base Line crosses overbought 68 and oversold 32 levels. 

George Effanga #:
Thank you for your perspective. You have a good heart. I actually came across this because I am looking for help to correct my code. I used an AI tool (not chatgpt) to create the mql5 code for push notifications to my mobile whenever the TDI indicator's Market Base Line crosses overbought 68 and oversold 32 levels. 
Such a modification is very easy to do.
You will find plenty of programmers willing to do it for you for a very small fee. You could even manage to do it yourself without any programming knowledge.

Have a look at MQL5 freelancing service, I’m sure you will find plenty of programmers that will do this modification for you in less than a day.

It is clear when some post something most of you so called programmers can't write yourself, you take potshot out on the newbie as if you all was born with the MQL5 gift, laugh able time wasters. 

The AI will right code faster than any human can and no one cares about the errors.  And most of you don't even realized what just happen when you try to run the code and find some errors. 

Luckily, for the people that still wants to make money coding there are some errors.

So the person that asking for help will have some normal growing pains as anyone wanting free code. 

I'm not giving you help because the code actually will help you make money and you're not offering anything for my help. 

I give back with what I make and you may want to look at the big picture here which means everyone on here has coding issues but they will eat you alive if you ask for their help and offer nothing in return as they wanted to ask for the same help but knew better.   

We have all used ChatGPT  and to give you a hint of why it currently can't fix your code is because it is an early AI, which is free. 

It takes coders forever to figure out how coded software know more than I do?   Well, listen up guys and gales, it does know more than you.  The good thing for us is it has a high rate for errors right now.

I wish someone would have explained every coder learning curve instead of making unless jokes and I'm better than you comments.  Then if he wants to upload free code for people to tweak, let him, LOL.

A could code written in the right parameters with ChatGPT can be dangerous, but since you're trying to RSI with Bullish and Bearish candlesticks good luck, so your strategy is still in the 50/50 range depending on the Currency pair you choose to trade.

The make also only live in an overbought or oversold area about 30% of the time, at least when using 8 major currency pairs, so good luck.