MQL5.com blocks my VPS provider - page 2

Fernando Carreiro #:

VPS can be fraudulent for example, by creating identical virtual environments where an activated product can be run by multiple users without ever needing each user to purchase them.

This is probably what led the VPS provider to be blocked.

Aha , like virtual box or smth ?

But if this act is considered fraudulent it means it works (i.e. activations are abused)

And if it works mql5 cannot detect it , so how would they know . right?

Also the activation mechanism reads the cpu signature . A vps has no incentive to alter the signature of the hardware in the virtual instances . So if the above is true that means it is not intentional.

(edit) So to detect this they receive the same mql5 login with a different account on the metatrader ? How would this work i cant see it .

The host has an mql5 account , they buy a product then the sub-users buy "time to use" these products .They have to login to their own broker account but also use the mql5 login of the host.

So the host terminal the sub-user sees is logged in to an mql5 community account -which is not theirs and probably has money in it- otherwise it cannot use the EAs.

Right of the bat they get access to the messages and balance and market tab of the host . That does not make sense.

Also ,suppose you are a user of that service the first thing you do if you see an expensive item is copy the product ex5 to your pc.

That is suicidal to say the least for someone to offer. 

Lorentzos Roussos #: Aha , like virtual box or smth ? But if this act is considered fraudulent it means it works (i.e. activations are abused). And if it works mql5 cannot detect it , so how would they know . right?

Also the activation mechanism reads the cpu signature . A vps has no incentive to alter the signature of the hardware in the virtual instances . So if the above is true that means it is not intentional.

1. It is obvious that it works, and it has been used for a very long time by many hackers to by-pass licensing of many other companies' products, Microsoft, Adobe, etc. I will however not describe the mechanism here.
  2. They can in fact detect it very easily, but I don't think it would be a good idea for me to describe the process here. However, it is somewhat self evident—if more activations are in use than were ever sold, if a user is running more activations then what is possible, then something is off.

Fernando Carreiro #:
  1. It is obvious that it works, and it has been used for a very long time by many hackers to by-pass licensing of many other companies' products, Microsoft, Adobe, etc.
  2. They can in fact detect it very easily, but don't think it would be a good idea for me to describe the process here. However, it is somewhat self evident—if more activations are in use than were ever sold, if a user is running more activations then what is possible, then something is off.

But its the same hardware signature , to the receiver it appears like one machine running many terminals . Does not make sense (the detection does not make sense)

(edit : ) Unless you don't need the terminal to be logged in to use a paid product . In this case i'm wrong . But in this case detection is impossible because the hardware is the same.

Lorentzos Roussos #: But its the same hardware signature , to the receiver it appears like one machine running many terminals . Does not make sense (the detection does not make sense)
Exactly! Too many "exact machines" running. If MetaQuotes sees to many products being activated for the "same machine" then obviously something is fishy.

Fernando Carreiro #:
Exactly! Too many "exact machines" running. If MetaQuotes sees to many products being activated for the "same machine" then obviously something is fishy.

But again what if that vps is big and many users have bought the same product ? The vps has no incentive to alter their hardware signature so the same signature will be appearing from one "box"

Lorentzos Roussos #: But again what if that vps is big and many users have bought the same product ? The vps has no incentive to alter their hardware signature so the same signature will be appearing from one "box"

Because it would be illegal to have so many exact virtual environments. It would violate the licensing of the operating system being used as well as any software applied on top. Each virtual machine needs to be unique to provide privacy to each customer. If they are all the same, then OS level encryption that one customer used on that virtual machine could easily be decrypted on another.  Just like brokers have regulations to follow, so do properly licensed VPS providers.

Obviously there are many unlicensed VPS providers out there.

Lorentzos Roussos #:But again what if that vps is big and many users have bought the same product ? The vps has no incentive to alter their hardware signature so the same signature will be appearing from one "box"
Just in case I misunderstood your question, it is actually extremely easy to create multiple virtual boxes all with the same hardware signature. And VPS providers actually prefer to do it this way because it saves them a ton of extra work, unlike the "unique" virtual boxes. But it would be commercially illegal to do so, at least in Europe and USA. Other regions have other laws.

Fernando Carreiro #:
Just in case I misunderstood your question, it is actually extremely easy to create multiple virtual boxes all with the same hardware signature. And VPS providers actually prefer to do it this way because it saves them a ton of extra work, unlike the "unique" virtual boxes. But it would be commercially illegal to do so, at least in Europe and USA. Other regions have other laws.

Ow the buyer does not need to be verified for the market...hmm .

So let's say i'm a scammer 

I buy a beast pc and deploy 32 virtual boxes

I use one meta trader broker to also gain from referrals 

Then i create a burner mql5 account , fund it with a virtual card which i then cancel

then buy one product

Then i have to login to all 32 terminals in the boxes and download the product right ?

The question is , do these terminals need to stay logged in mql5 ?(not the broker) for the product to work?

And doesn't the user see the executable file ? you can block file transfers if i recall or portable media ?

And if im not a scammer , don't i have the right to run 32 terminals with the product on the same machine for personal use ? the system will cut me off if what you say stands. 

Lorentzos Roussos #: Ow the buyer does not need to be verified for the market...hmm . So let's say i'm a scammer ...

It is actually much easier than what you have just described, but if you keep asking such questions and I keep answering them, then we will be teaching the "newbie" hacker how to do it. Let's not do that please!

As for the non-hacker ... yes, they have the right to run 32 terminals on the same physical machine, all logged onto the same MQL5 community account, for their own use only.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It is actually much easier than what you have just described, but if you keep asking such questions and I keep answering them, then we will be teaching the "newbie" scammers how to do it. Let's not do that please!

As for the non-scammer ... yes, they have the right to run 32 terminals on the same physical machine, all logged onto the same MQL5 community account, for their own use only.

Yeah of course .

Just to clarify , because i've never bought anything here (if you know the answer that is) :

for a paid product do i need to have my terminal logged in the mql5 community account not just for it's installation but for it to work as well ? (i always assumed that was the case)

Thank you