Stop loss question

Dear knowledgeable traders,

One of the trades from my EA went past the stop loss price (see picture), and I don’t understand why. What are the reasons for that?

I’m with ICmark and the trade was for XAUJPY.

Sorry if it’s a stupid question. I’m fairly new to this, but would massively appreciate any help!

Bo_Master:

One of the trades from my EA went past the stop loss price (see picture), and I don’t understand why. What are the reasons for that?

Sorry if it’s a stupid question. I’m fairly new to this, but would massively appreciate any help!

Buy orders are executed on ask price. What you see on chart is bid price. Ask price passed and stop loss hit.

Bo_Master:

This is normal when spread widens or is wide.

Bo_Master:

And, stoploss means that the order will close at first price beyond that level… so for a sell orders , if your stop is at level 12345 and the price will jump from 12344 to 99999, your order will be closed at 99999 

Yashar Seyyedin #:
This is normal when spread widens or is wide.
I see... But my account is a raw spread account, shouldn't the spread be much lower than that?

Daniel Cioca #:
And, stoploss means that the order will close at first price beyond that level… so for a sell orders , if your stop is at level 12345 and the price will jump from 12344 to 99999, your order will be closed at 99999 
Ah got it... Thank you

Bo_Master #: Ah got it... Thank you

Just to further help you out, this is called "slippage"—when the price "slips" past the intended trigger price.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Just to further help you out, this called "slippage"—when the price "slips" past the intended trigger price.

That makes sense! Thank you