Reporting problems with MQL5 Storage - page 2

Yes, that is the one! It does not accept my credentials. I even tried resting my password. Still does not accept them via the web link.

On MetaEditor it works, but the next day everything is corrupted again.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MQL Storage Error on MT4

Fernando Carreiro, 2023.02.12 17:11

In my case, my password is only letters and numerals and is under 10 characters, but I will try reset it once more.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MQL Storage Error on MT4

Fernando Carreiro, 2023.02.12 17:17

I have reset my password, and then reset it again back to the previous password and it is now working. Go figure.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Also, when the issue started, my password had already been in use for many months and had not changed.

Same for me, I had the same password since years.

Alain Verleyen #Same for me, I had the same password since years.

These are rhetorical questions not meant to be answered. It is just a rant!

Why does MetaQuotes "hide" from the truth so much?

Why not simply place a post on the forum informing us that there is an issue and that they are working on it and tell us what work-around to use in the meantime?

Why pretend the problem does not exist?

It is irresponsible and arrogant.

Yet again, the MQL5 Storage has failed, unable to “commit” on some shares, with errors such as “Checksum ... in rep-cache is beyond HEAD “.

After some analysis, with the help of “https://storage.mql5.io/repos/“, I discovered several projects had lost previous commits and were way out of sync. I also discovered that on several, the user permissions had even been changed from “Read” to “Read and Write” (which is a major security issue).

It was a mess, and I had to delete the affected Shared Projects and recreate them from scratch, yet again.

Using other solutions such as Git, is simply not a viable option for my needs. I need it mainly for projects with customers who are not coders nor sufficiently computer literate to set up other solutions. For those customers, using MQL5 Storage is more convenient and easier for them to set up and use.

Unfortunately, MQL5 Storage is currently simply too unstable and unreliable.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yet again, the MQL5 Storage has failed, unable to “commit” on some shares, with errors such as “Checksum ... in rep-cache is beyond HEAD “.

After some analysis, with the help of “https://storage.mql5.io/repos/“, I discovered several projects had lost previous commits and were way out of sync. I also discovered that on several, the user permissions had even been changed from “Read” to “Read and Write” (which is a major security issue).

It was a mess, and I had to delete the affected Shared Projects and recreate them from scratch, yet again.

Using other solutions such as Git, is simply not a viable option for my needs. I need it mainly for projects with customers who are not coders nor sufficiently computer literate to set up other solutions. For those customers, using MQL5 Storage is more convenient and easier for them to set up and use.

Unfortunately, MQL5 Storage is currently simply too unstable and unreliable.

Fernando I am using it daily and don't have problems for a long time (yes there was in the past).

I am wondering, are you still using external editor(s) beside MetaEditor ?

Alain Verleyen #: Fernando I am using it daily and don't have problems for a long time (yes there was in the past). I am wondering, are you still using external editor(s) beside MetaEditor ?

No, I am current only using the MetaEditor.

But even if I was using other editors, it does not explain why previous commits that had been confirmed and seen by my customers on their end, were now missing from the "repos". It also does not explain how permissions on several projects had been changed from "Read" to "Read and Write".

For many years MQL5 Storage worked perfectly for me without any issues, but it started failing often since the beginning of this year.

EDIT: Current build is 3644 pushed by the broker.

Fernando Carreiro #:

No, I am current only using the MetaEditor.

But even if I was using other editors, it does not explain why previous commits that had been confirmed and seen by my customers on their end, were now missing from the "repos". It also does not explain how permissions on several projects had been changed from "Read" to "Read and Write".

For many years MQL5 Storage worked perfectly for me without any issues, but it started failing often since the beginning of this year.

EDIT: Current build is 3644 pushed by the broker.

Could you provide the Journal log of MetaEditor ? In private if you prefer.

I asked a Metaquotes developer to check, not sure he will have time though.

@Alain Verleyen #: Could you provide the Journal log of MetaEditor ? In private if you prefer. I asked a Metaquotes developer to check, not sure he will have time though.

Yes, I can provide the journal logs but they don't show the missing files or commits or the changed permissions. It just shows the "checksum" errors.

I can confirm that I use it daily without any problems. A couple of years ago I did have problems like Fernando describes, but I solved it by "Revert Changes".

Normally this happened if I renamed, delete or moved files from the explorer. Since I do all this (rename, move, delete, etc) from the MetaEditor I have managed to get it to work fine.

It is important to "Commit to Storage" in every change, no matter how small it is.