Bracketing Orders

Hi ! Searched online about this, but didn’t find anything simple and easy to understand. How are bracketing orders different from normal market orders with SL and TP ? 

Daniel Cioca:
Hi ! Searched online about this, but didn’t find anything simple and easy to understand. How are bracketing orders different from normal market orders with SL and TP ? 

1. Suppose you go long and price goes against your desired direction, In order to reduce risk you may start adding sell orders.

2. Suppose you go long and price goes in your desired direction, In order to lock some profit you may start adding sell orders.

These are called bracketing orders.

Yashar Seyyedin #:

1. Suppose you go long and price goes against your desired direction, In order to reduce risk you may start adding sell orders.

2. Suppose you go long and price goes in your desired direction, In order to lock some profit you may start adding sell orders.

These are called bracketing orders.

Again… how is this different from normal orders… 
1. Suppose I go long and the price goes against me, adding selling orders is the same like closing the entire order by SL ( which is actually selling back)
2 Suppose I go Long and the price goes in my direction … adding sell orders equals with taking partials correct( which is actually selling back) ? Or close entire order on TP ? 

How is this different ?? 

Daniel Cioca #:
1. Suppose I go long and the price goes against me, adding selling orders is the same like closing the entire order by SL ( which is actually selling back)
2 Suppose I go Long and the price goes in my direction … adding sell orders equals with taking partials correct( which is actually selling back) ? Or close entire order on TP ? 

How is this different ?? 

The balance loss is not registered in your signal . (the equity is ,the next time you trade , i think)

Daniel Cioca #:

How is this different ?? 

I agree with you and never use this!

But using other pairs to hedge your position is more logical.

for example "long eurusd" goes against your desired direction and you open another "long usdjpy" (short USD in one and long in another)!